Jake Dolegala

theJ

He was THE MAN at Central Connecticut State..........

WHERE???

Gotta compare him to the last QB who was THE MAN who came from a school that small. That guy is now the best TV color analyst in the game. Oh yeah, he was pretty good when he was in the NFL too.

Tony Romo.

Edited by brooks1957
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, theJ said:

Dude has a gun, and has looked the part of an NFL QB (against 3rd stringers, but still).  Hoping he'll make the practice squad.

https://www.bengals.com/video/jake-dolegala-floats-39-yard-dime-to-cody-core

Also, LOL at some people on twitter hoping his preseason performance against future substitute teachers will kick Dalton off the roster.

it's hilarious.

AJ was better until he wasn't.. is he even on a roster now? 

Driskel was better until he actually had to play

Everyone is better

56 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

He has a cannon, and great pocket awareness.  He needs time to develop, and I think it may have to come in the form of being inactive on the 53 man roster.  Not sure we can hide him.  His stats were meh, but those throws............

I'm with @THE DUKE - i don't think anyone is going to sign him as their #2.  Maybe as a #3, but who keeps three QB's nowadays? 

1 hour ago, brooks1957 said:

He was THE MAN at Central Connecticut State..........

WHERE???

Gotta compare him to the last QB who was THE MAN who came from a school that small. That guy is now the best TV color analyst in the game. Oh yeah, he was pretty good when he was in the NFL too.

Tony Romo.

I don't want to overhype the guy, but he's not a normal camp arm.  He obviously has some NFL traits.  Still has some work to do, but he could have a future of some sort in this league.  I'd love to see him stick on the PS and see how he improves by next training camp.

34 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

I think it is safe to say the Bengals long term QB picture has brightened dramatically post Dalton. I really, really liked Finley at NC State.

I wouldn't say dramatically. I think Finley's cap is pretty much Dalton or Alex Smith with a lesser arm.

23 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

Whether it is Dalton, Finley or Dolegala - ultimately it will boil down to how much talent the QB is surrounded with.

Or we could try to find a more talented QB. I know that's crazy talk for a team that passed on Mahomes and Watson to take Ross but still.