Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Buffalo Fan

Your season predictions

Recommended Posts

Alright the preseason is over now it's time to predict the season do you think the Buffalo Bills are a playoff team??  What do you think there record will be??  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11-5 if everything goes right and they don't lose to a team they should beat.

8-8 if they slip up in a few games and the offense doesn't click right away.

My guess is 10-6 and a WC berth.

For argument sake, this is my AFC as of right now:

1. KC 13-3
2. NE 13-3
3. Pitt 10-6
4. Hou 9-7
5. Cle   10-6
6. Buf 10-6

7. NYJ 9-7
8. LAC 9-7
9. Bal 8-8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I posted this in another thread but it is worth mentioning here. The Bills have no business losing to Miami this year. So if they can beat the Jets week 1 then they only have to go 7-6 the rest of the year to be a 10-6 (and likely wildcard) team.

@NYG
CIN
NE
@TEN
WAS
PHI
@CLE
DEN
@DAL
BAL
@PIT
@NE
NYJ

I think Buffalo can win  7 of these 13 games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2019 at 12:59 PM, Trentwannabe said:

11-5 if everything goes right and they don't lose to a team they should beat.

8-8 if they slip up in a few games and the offense doesn't click right away.

My guess is 10-6 and a WC berth.

For argument sake, this is my AFC as of right now:

1. KC 13-3
2. NE 13-3
3. Pitt 10-6
4. Hou 9-7
5. Cle   10-6
6. Buf 10-6

7. NYJ 9-7
8. LAC 9-7
9. Bal 8-8

After watching the games yesterday I am not sure Pitt, Bal, and Cle will end up that way. Steelers look like they dont have much left in the tank and would be surprised they get 8-9 wins. Miami is horrible so I want to see the Ravens play a decent team before saying they are legit or not. Cleveland is overhyped and not sure if they can surpass 8 wins but I could be wrong. Monday night will be interesting as they take on the Jets. Cincy is not getting much credit and I think they are better then people to expect, Im concerned as I thought home opener was going to be close to a give me but its starting to look like a tougher match then Giants game. 

Titans are another team that looked better then I expected and could be the team that pops up over the Jags now that Foles is done for half the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bold means a W, Non bold a L. It's pretty impossible to make these calls now as teams develop and regress/progress but a lot of toss up games towards the end. It's important to get the W's early. 

@NYG (2-0)
CIN (3-0)
NE (3-1)
@TEN (4-1)

MIA (5-1)
WAS (6-1)
PHI (6-2)
@CLE (6-3)

@MIA (7-3)
DEN (8-3)
@DAL (8-4)
BAL (9-4)
@PIT (9-5)
@NE (9-6)
NYJ (10-6)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The BILLievers said:

Bold means a W, Non bold a L. It's pretty impossible to make these calls now as teams develop and regress/progress but a lot of toss up games towards the end. It's important to get the W's early. 

@NYG (2-0)
CIN (3-0)
NE (3-1)
@TEN (4-1)

MIA (5-1)
WAS (6-1)
PHI (6-2)
@CLE (6-3)

@MIA (7-3)
DEN (8-3)
@DAL (8-4)
BAL (9-4)
@PIT (9-5)
@NE (9-6)
NYJ (10-6)

Cleveland? Did you watch that game they are very unimpressive. I would wait a couple of weeks before I judge but i do not see them as a loss just yet. I think Baltimore we will go hard at them simply because of last years game. This one is still unsure of as I think it can go either way. I still think Jets get us in the last game of the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

After watching the games yesterday I am not sure Pitt, Bal, and Cle will end up that way. Steelers look like they dont have much left in the tank and would be surprised they get 8-9 wins. Miami is horrible so I want to see the Ravens play a decent team before saying they are legit or not. Cleveland is overhyped and not sure if they can surpass 8 wins but I could be wrong. Monday night will be interesting as they take on the Jets. Cincy is not getting much credit and I think they are better then people to expect, Im concerned as I thought home opener was going to be close to a give me but its starting to look like a tougher match then Giants game. 

Titans are another team that looked better then I expected and could be the team that pops up over the Jags now that Foles is done for half the season. 

I don't see Pitt as power house but I also think last nights disaster has more to do with how good New England is. 10-6 still seems reasonable to me for them.

Yesterday was probably the best thing that could happen to Cleveland. They'll either respond and crush the Jets and some other teams, or they'll sulk and completely fall off. Should know more about them in a few weeks.

Same for Baltimore. A home game against Arizona will hardly be a test but then going to KC followed by 3 straight division games will likely tell us a lot about them and how they may fair against Buffalo. 

Cincy will be tough but their OL is pretty bad still and being our home opener I don't see us losing it atm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Cleveland? Did you watch that game they are very unimpressive. I would wait a couple of weeks before I judge but i do not see them as a loss just yet. I think Baltimore we will go hard at them simply because of last years game. This one is still unsure of as I think it can go either way. I still think Jets get us in the last game of the year.

Yeah dude it's so tough to try to predict the season based off week 1. A lot of times if you look back at prior seasons, just because you look bad or lose week 1 doesn't mean anything. If the Browns stink the bed again and it looks like that's who they are, im def going to change my mind. I say by week 3-4 we can make a lot more accurate prediction based on a larger sample size. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

Yeah dude it's so tough to try to predict the season based off week 1. A lot of times if you look back at prior seasons, just because you look bad or lose week 1 doesn't mean anything. If the Browns stink the bed again and it looks like that's who they are, im def going to change my mind. I say by week 3-4 we can make a lot more accurate prediction based on a larger sample size. 

You are spot on by saying don't judge after week 1.  Best example of that was the Buffalo Bills blowing out NE in the opener everyone was saying NE was done I think it was something like 30-0 Bills needless to say the Pats went on to win the Superbowl I'll never forget that but the point of this thread is to see what you thought before the season began and look back as the season goes on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see 10 wins on this schedule for sure, but gut feeling is 8-8 right now unless the offense shows significant improvement the next couple weeks going into the Pats game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats on the win last week. I enjoyed it thoroughly, and I can see the Bills getting a wild card for sure.  

The teams in the AFC North are very beatable, and the Bills can get some wins if they play solid mistake-free football. 

One last thing - I saw Tennessee on your schedule and I think it would be a big mistake to overlook the Titans. That will be one of your tougher games this year. 

Good luck. 

Edited by rfournier103

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2019 at 1:43 PM, soflbillsfan said:

10-6 Wild Card spot #5 losing to Philly, Pats twice, Steelers, Cowboys, and Jets once

After Big Ben going down I no longer see this game as a loss. I do however see Baltimore or Titans being an upset to replace this one. I still expect to be 10-6. I think Cincy was going to be iffy but after back to back away wins and the cincy d giving up so much to San Fran this shouldn't be a loss but it still isn't a cake win. Ideal scenario is 4-1 heading in to the bye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×