Week 1: Falcons (0-0) at VIKINGS (0-0)

swede700

Last year, the Falcons were uncharacteristically bad rushing the ball and stopping the run. So, who will have the most yards rushing this game?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Last year, the Falcons were uncharacteristically bad rushing the ball and stopping the run. So, who will have the most yards rushing this game?

• Dalvin Cook
    • Devonta Freeman
    • Alexander Mattison
    • Ito Smith
    • Other (state preference in thread)

Pretty worried about this game.

Only chance we have at winning this one will be if the Vikings score more points than the Falcons. If they can't, it might be very hard to win this game. It'd be a bummer to start the season with a home loss so it'll be key to score more points which usually leads to a win.

My thoughts on stats:

Kirk: 19-27, 267, 2 TD, 1 INT off a batted ball at the line
Dalvin: 16 for 79, 1 TD, 2 rec for 34 yards
Thielen: 7-71-1
Diggs: 3-28-0
ISJR: 4-52-1
Bailey: 3/4 

Vikings win 30-24

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

I think it will be a close game. Not sure who im picking yet. Hopefully the defense is cranked up for the first home game, and causes havoc. We need to double Julio for sure, do not let him beat us. 

They don't need to double Julio.  If X is healthy, he can handle him all by himself.  Julio has only averaged about 50 yds a game vs. the Vikings in his career.  I don't expect that to change this week.  If they're going to get blitzed by anyone, it's either going to be Ridley or Freeman out of the backfield.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

Falcons owner Arthur Blank long has expressed optimism at getting a long-term deal completed with Julio Jones before the start of the season. Five days before the first game against the Vikings, the Falcons are “very, very close” to doing just that. Blank told Jeff Schultz of TheAthletic.com that he expects to announce an extension with his star receiver this week.

Blank: “I’d be surprised and disappointed if we didn’t get it done this week. I think it’s very reasonable to assume it will get done this week.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/03/arthur-blank-falcons-very-very-close-to-a-deal-with-julio-jones/