Notable Cuts 2019

dll2000

11 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Ravens waived Shane Ray. He’s gotta be better than Isaiah Irving, right? 

Not sure Irving even makes the team.

I have James Vaughters penciled in as the 4th OLB behind Mack, Floyd and Lynch.

But going back to Ray, it's not like they have a plethora of pass rushers in Baltimore.  I mean, Pernell McPhee is their #1 right now, so the fact that they cut Ray is telling.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Not sure Irving even makes the team.

I have James Vaughters penciled in as the 4th OLB behind Mack, Floyd and Lynch.

But going back to Ray, it's not like they have a plethora of pass rushers in Baltimore.  I mean, Pernell McPhee is their #1 right now, so the fact that they cut Ray is telling.

McPhee will be there number one for about 10 games too. Unless they think he will hit 16 for the first time since 2014.

7 hours ago, soulman said:

Not much in the way of OL on the cut downs but sure are a lot of them being traded.

That tells me others are trading late round picks for them to get a jump on waivers.  Will Pace?

He may not feel he can afford to. Besides, Bars is kind of a revelation. 

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

He may not feel he can afford to. Besides, Bars is kind of a revelation. 

True but he has been going up against a lot of back up level and lower players.  Still, it's good to know he could handle playing some OT if it came to that.

But my worry isn't based on him having to just fill in.  It's based on anyone having to play for an extended period of time which would also increase the risk of an injury to Mitch.

Just now, soulman said:

True but he has been going up against a lot of back up level and lower players.  Still, it's good to know he could handle playing some OT if it came to that.

But my worry isn't based on him having to just fill in.  It's based on anyone having to play for an extended period of time which would also increase the risk of an injury to Mitch.

We'll see what Pace does. The fact that he hasn't made a trade yet suggests to me he's uncomfortable doing so. Of course, the possibility exists that he'll end up trading a higher pick for a more well-known name than the guys involved in the transactions we've seen over the past couple of days. I don't think that sort of thing will happen except in response to an injury, but you never know. 

12 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

We'll see what Pace does. The fact that he hasn't made a trade yet suggests to me he's uncomfortable doing so. Of course, the possibility exists that he'll end up trading a higher pick for a more well-known name than the guys involved in the transactions we've seen over the past couple of days. I don't think that sort of thing will happen except in response to an injury, but you never know. 

Kinda depends on where Coward is at too.  How bad is his injury and how long will he be out.

• Like 1