Notable Cuts 2019

dll2000

5 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Talentwise he is an upgrade on Davis and I like Davis.

I have to think that he’s going to try to end up with the Chargers. He would create huge leverage for them to try to get Gordon to sign at a number closer to what they’re offering too. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I have to think that he’s going to try to end up with the Chargers. He would create huge leverage for them to try to get Gordon to sign at a number closer to what they’re offering too. 

Let SD have him.  Seems to me like the type who could upset the chemistry we've achieved.

Nall is being released which mean Whyte will probably make the roster.

Edited by soulman

9 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Teez Tabor is a guy I would like us to look at as a #4/#5 CB...young and has in division starting experience he would be a nice project for Pagano to work with.

I would like to as well but IDK if he would fit. He did better in off man more than press, at FLA, Quincy Wilson was the press guy. With Pagano using more man than Fangio I'm not sure he would be a good fit at CB with his deep speed concerns. If they could get him to be physical he could become a depth FS/SS kind of player. He just is more quick than fast, but with Jackson over the top that may alleviate some of that concerns on him just getting burned.

I was big on snagging pre-FA McCoy but IDK how he would handle being the #2 to a rookie. In SD I think he could handle being behind an established vet who is about to get a major payday, he seems to be pretty egotistical.

Not a cut but a major trade.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/seahawks-agree-to-trade-for-texans-edge-rusher-jadeveon-clowney-153114386.html

Seahawks agree to trade for Texans edge rusher Jadeveon Clowney

The deal: Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle said Seattle agreed to send a third-round pick and edge defenders Barkevious Mingo and Jacob Martin in the deal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, soulman said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/seahawks-agree-to-trade-for-texans-edge-rusher-jadeveon-clowney-153114386.html

The deal: Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle said Seattle agreed to send a third-round pick and edge defenders Barkevious Mingo and Jacob Martin in the deal.

Yeah, just saw that. Doesn't have it's own thread in General or News, they're just discussing it in the "Trade Rumors" thread. Weird.

Anyhoo, that seems like, a really bad deal for the Texans. They must have been pretty desperate to deal him, and out of conference, at that. The bad news for the Bears is that it should improve the Seahawks a great deal, after the loss of Clark. Another potential problem in the NFC...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, soulman said:

Wow. Best they could get for Clowney was a third round pick? 

Media was trying to put him up there with Mack and Donald.

6 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Yeah, just saw that. Doesn't have it's own thread in General or News, they're just discussing it in the "Trade Rumors" thread. Weird.

Anyhoo, that seems like, a really bad deal for the Texans. They must have been pretty desperate to deal him, and out of conference, at that. The bad news for the Bears is that it should improve the Seahawks a great deal, after the loss of Clark. Another potential problem in the NFC...

Holy crap HOU got robbed.

Mingo is meh and is below Floyd as a pure EDGE, Martin IDK much about but I guess he flashed a bit. Unless Wilson goes down you're also looking at a 3rd rounder that is mid to late 20s at best.

I wonder if he is wanting Mack level money, because talent wise- I'd have traded Floyd, a 3rd, and Lynch in a crackhead heartbeat- which is significantly better for HOU talent wise at least. I'd have been talked into a 2nd and Floyd if a deal was pretty easy to work out with him. There has to be something going on, right?

Edited by Sugashane
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Ah hell, everyone's gonna be tough.  We just have to be tougher.

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

THAT would be a HUGE stretch.

If Clowney was prepared to sit out whatta ya' gonna do?

A third and some toss in edge guys beats a poke in the eye with a sharp stick and that's what his sitting out and then losing him next spring would have been.  The guy didn't want to play there so deal him and move on.

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

There's something going on with all that, for sure. Clowney must have burned bridges, or something. And while Clowney hasn't been consistent (and has been hurt a fair amount), he's still a very good player. 

2 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Holy crap HOU got robbed.

Mingo is meh and is below Floyd as a pure EDGE, Martin IDK much about but I guess he flashed a bit. Unless Wilson goes down you're also looking at a 3rd rounder that is mid to late 20s at best.

I wonder if he is wanting Mack level money, because talent wise- I'd have traded Floyd, a 3rd, and Lynch in a crackhead heartbeat- which is significantly better for HOU talent wise at least. I'd have been talked into a 2nd and Floyd if a deal was pretty easy to work out with him. There has to be something going on, right?

Everybody is saying Clowney wants huge money, although I haven't seen any numbers thrown around. As far as Floyd for Clowney--Clowney will never be as versatile as Floyd is, so there's that.

Love the "crackhead heartbeat" phrase by the way. Totally stealing that. :D

• Like 2