Notable Cuts 2019

dll2000

7 minutes ago, soulman said:

And I recall when Bears fans thought he was THE GUY.    Another "Domer" QB whose a second coming of Rick Mirer.

I didn't like him when he was coming out and when I saw him put footballs into the ground at the combine I disregarded him as a prospect.

10 minutes ago, soulman said:

And I recall when Bears fans thought he was THE GUY.    Another "Domer" QB whose a second coming of Rick Mirer.

Seems kinda early for them to give up on a guy they traded for just last year. Maybe their new guy (Boyle?) has been impressive. Haven't kept up with them much. 

6 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Vikings cut Vedvik (which you can see my jab at vike daddy in the official MIN thread). Nice use of a 5th rounder, morons!

Hey there.....go easy.  We offered a 5th too but at least Pace was smart enough to make it conditional.

That's gotta be an embarrassment for both Minny and Vedvik.

2 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

The psychology of kickers would be a fascinating article or podcast.  

Approximately the same as golfer on the 18th at Augusta who just duck hooked his tee shot into the woods and needs to scramble for a par to win the Masters by one stroke.  Except every kick seems like that. :S

20 minutes ago, soulman said:

Hey there.....go easy.  We offered a 5th too but at least Pace was smart enough to make it conditional.

That's gotta be an embarrassment for both Minny and Vedvik.

From my understanding it was a 6th and the condition was it could be a 7th. I could be wrong. Either way Pace surely had a chance to match the Vikings offer and didn't.

Regardless I'm not going to go easy. This isn't about me making fun of what is now an awful trade but the fact that he didn't think Vedvik was atrocious. Unless you're atrocious you don't get cut 3 weeks after a team traded a mid round pick for you, ESPECIALLY if you're a kicker.

• Like 1

Huge move for the Texans, trading a ton of picks for Tunsil and Stills

Tunsil is arguably the game's best LT. Not sure what Miami is trying to do here. I know they got two 1's and a 2 but it won't matter now if you get the best QB in 2020's draft if your OL situation sucks

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

From my understanding it was a 6th and the condition was it could be a 7th. I could be wrong. Either way Pace surely had a chance to match the Vikings offer and didn't.

Regardless I'm not going to go easy. This isn't about me making fun of what is now an awful trade but the fact that he didn't think Vedvik was atrocious. Unless you're atrocious you don't get cut 3 weeks after a team traded a mid round pick for you, ESPECIALLY if you're a kicker.

I dunno.  What I read said we also offered a 5th but it was conditional.  What those conditions were I don't know and we may never know.

After all we'd been through with Parkey and nine guys trying out I give Pace more credit than that.  Even our trade for Piniero has conditions.

Vedvik will be back somewhere.  The real question here is WTF happened in Minny that didn't happen in Balt?

5 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Huge move for the Texans, trading a ton of picks for Tunsil and Stills

Tunsil is arguably the game's best LT. Not sure what Miami is trying to do here. I know they got two 1's and a 2 but it won't matter now if you get the best QB in 2020's draft if your OL situation sucks

I don't get it, either. The Dolphins were unwilling to include Tunsil in a Clowney trade, then turn around and trade him to the Texans anyway. Granted, that's a good return for those two players, but it's still really weird...