Notable Cuts 2019

dll2000

6 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

There's something going on with all that, for sure. Clowney must have burned bridges, or something. And while Clowney hasn't been consistent (and has been hurt a fair amount), he's still a very good player. 

Everybody is saying Clowney wants huge money, although I haven't seen any numbers thrown around. As far as Floyd for Clowney--Clowney will never be as versatile as Floyd is, so there's that.

Love the "crackhead heartbeat" phrase by the way. Totally stealing that. :D

And that is pure speculation on my part too. I just haven't seen any Antonio Brown/L. Bell drama so I figured it had to be simple numbers.

You're absolutely right, Clowne would never be able to cover like Floyd, and TBH Floyd could move in and be one hell of an ILB IMO too.

But Clowney is vastly superior vs the run (as in elite, nearly Mack good) and as a pure passrusher IMO. I'd take those two over coverage any day.

The idea of seeing these line ups just makes me all tingly.

1st and 10

Nicols - Goldman - Hicks

Clowney - Smith - DT - Mack

- Good luck running on that, they might actually allow under 1000 yards rushing for the entire season

Nickel

Clowney - Nichols - Hicks - Mack

* IDK of a better 4 man rush in the game. Add how Smith can blitz and that is just getting gross. lol

10 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

You're absolutely right, Clowne would never be able to cover like Floyd, and TBH Floyd could move in and be one hell of an ILB IMO too.

But Clowney is vastly superior vs the run (as in elite, nearly Mack good) and as a pure passrusher IMO. I'd take those two over coverage any day.

The idea of seeing these line ups just makes me all tingly.

1st and 10

Nicols - Goldman - Hicks

- Good luck running on that, they might actually allow under 1000 yards rushing for the entire season

Nickel

Clowney - Nichols - Hicks - Mack

* IDK of a better 4 man rush in the game. Add how Smith can blitz and that is just getting gross. lol

Oh, I certainly agree with what you're saying. Clowney would bring more impact plays, but he isn't as versatile. And we can't pay him anyway. Hopefully Floyd improves at getting to the quarterback, and someone else steps up, too. 

2 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Oh, I certainly agree with what you're saying. Clowney would bring more impact plays, but he isn't as versatile. And we can't pay him anyway. Hopefully Floyd improves at getting to the quarterback, and someone else steps up, too. 

I hope so too. I'm hoping with more stunts Floyd gets more opportunities to make impact plays and with Nichols getting more reps we will see Goldman and Hicks playing less total snaps. Keepo them fresher for the postseason.  If RRH would take a step forward that would help but he is purely a passrusher.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Teez Tabor is a guy I would like us to look at as a #4/#5 CB...young and has in division starting experience he would be a nice project for Pagano to work with.

This report on him might make you think twice about it Mike.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/teez-tabor-shows-why-combine-103005373.html

On the field at Florida, Tabor was a very good player. He was a two-time, first-team All-SEC cornerback. The Lions gushed about how impressive his tape was.

But the Combine told a very different story. Tabor’s 4.62-second 40-yard dash was bad, and his 31-inch vertical jump was even worse. He failed to improve at Florida’s Pro Day.

That should have been a tip-off that Tabor just doesn’t have the athleticism to be an NFL cornerback. The SEC ain’t the NFL, and some players are athletic enough to play in the SEC but not athletic enough to play in the NFL

Cleveland cut Britton Colquitt. IIRC, he was a Pro Bowler last year and was much better than O'Donnell in terms of average (not so much in net). I wonder if Pace would take a look. I fear not because O'Donnell must have photos of some kind of someone high up in the organization, but Colquitt's pretty good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Holy crap HOU got robbed.

Mingo is meh and is below Floyd as a pure EDGE, Martin IDK much about but I guess he flashed a bit. Unless Wilson goes down you're also looking at a 3rd rounder that is mid to late 20s at best.

I wonder if he is wanting Mack level money, because talent wise- I'd have traded Floyd, a 3rd, and Lynch in a crackhead heartbeat- which is significantly better for HOU talent wise at least. I'd have been talked into a 2nd and Floyd if a deal was pretty easy to work out with him. There has to be something going on, right?

He's had two really serious knee injuries and is an up and down player.  

His high end is really high, but he doesn't always give you that.  I can see why a lot of teams weren't interested in paying him huge money.  

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Wouldn't be opposed to Kyle Sloter or Kyle Lauletta coming in as QB3 (or QB2)

If we grab someone it would be for the PS after the waiver period ends but has Bray done enough to keep around one more year?

Are there QBs being cut who could be all that much better?

I don't feel Bray fits the profile of the kind of guy I'd like to see as an eventual #2 but will anyone else fit it any better?  I'm not all that tuned in on some of the guys who might be let go.

Edited by soulman

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

But Clowney is vastly superior vs the run

1st and 10

Nicols - Goldman - Hicks

Ya this. Jadeveon Clowney and Mack pass rushing AND vs the run !! 

Floyd would be looong gone in my mind !

JC can do anything he wants on a football field and is PLENTY athletic to drop into coverage ...

Edited by SLCbear

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Cleveland cut Britton Colquitt. IIRC, he was a Pro Bowler last year and was much better than O'Donnell in terms of average (not so much in net). I wonder if Pace would take a look. I fear not because O'Donnell must have photos of some kind of someone high up in the organization, but Colquitt's pretty good.

O'Donnell has become liability imo

Get someone that can at least maintain the Field position battle over the course of a game

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

Ya this. Jadeveon Clowney and Mack pass rushing AND vs the run !! 

Floyd would be looong gone in my mind !

JC can do anything he wants on a football field and is PLENTY athletic to drop into coverage ...

Clowney was traded to Seattle this AM.