Notable Cuts 2019

dll2000

20 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Huge move for the Texans, trading a ton of picks for Tunsil and Stills

Tunsil is arguably the game's best LT. Not sure what Miami is trying to do here. I know they got two 1's and a 2 but it won't matter now if you get the best QB in 2020's draft if your OL situation sucks

IDK either, you had a top 3 pick pretty well secured, top one could have been had fairly easily IMO.

Do they actually hate their QBs?

HOU lost Brown to get a better, younger, soon to be very expensive LT. The rest of their OL still blows. MIA had Tunsil and gave a ton of sacks up, Watson still seems doomed. HOU is in shambles.

Edited by Sugashane

29 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Huge move for the Texans, trading a ton of picks for Tunsil and Stills

Tunsil is arguably the game's best LT. Not sure what Miami is trying to do here. I know they got two 1's and a 2 but it won't matter now if you get the best QB in 2020's draft if your OL situation sucks

For record I was banging table for Tunsil in draft.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I don't get it, either. The Dolphins were unwilling to include Tunsil in a Clowney trade, then turn around and trade him to the Texans anyway. Granted, that's a good return for those two players, but it's still really weird...

Actually a good move by Miami.  They don't take on an injury prone up and down head case who is going to eat up your cap and get a ton of draft capital to rebuild from scratch to go with what will be a top 3 pick and likely no. 1 overall.

Houston coach is coaching for his job and is in win now or be fired mode.  He had to do this after Eagles f'd them by jumping them in draft. 

17 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Actually a good move by Miami.  They don't take on an injury prone up and down head case who is going to eat up your cap and get a ton of draft capital to rebuild from scratch to go with what will be a top 3 pick and likely no. 1 overall.

Houston coach is coaching for his job and is in win now or be fired mode.  He had to do this after Eagles f'd them by jumping them in draft. 

That is still putting a lot of faith in Grier not screwing the pooch with his picks. He must know he has some room to breath.

7 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Holy crap HOU got robbed.

Mingo is meh and is below Floyd as a pure EDGE, Martin IDK much about but I guess he flashed a bit. Unless Wilson goes down you're also looking at a 3rd rounder that is mid to late 20s at best.

I wonder if he is wanting Mack level money, because talent wise- I'd have traded Floyd, a 3rd, and Lynch in a crackhead heartbeat- which is significantly better for HOU talent wise at least. I'd have been talked into a 2nd and Floyd if a deal was pretty easy to work out with him. There has to be something going on, right?

It's a guaranteed 1 year rental bc you cant extend him until after the season.  That's why the comp is low.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

It's a guaranteed 1 year rental bc you cant extend him until after the season.  That's why the comp is low.

But if he walks from SEA then they will (assuming they don't spend big in FA) get a 3rd round comp pick. Yeah it won't be until the 2021 season but that is cheap for a win-now team any way you slice it.

Just now, Sugashane said:

But if he walks from SEA then they will (assuming they don't spend big in FA) get a 3rd round comp pick. Yeah it won't be until the 2021 season but that is cheap for a win-now team any way you slice it.

Oh yeah it's a great deal for Seattle.  Reality is they probably traded 6th round value to get Clowney.  But they probably needed him more than anybody. Their defense is now Bobby Wagner and......yeah that was pretty much it.  Clowney at least gives them a presence up front.

• Like 1

The Texans had no intention of paying Clowney and knew he would hold out of games. They likely took the best deal available.

Biggest blunder of the day was the amount of draft capital they gave up for Tunsil. He's a good player but not a franchise-changer like Mack. And even with him, it's hard to see the Houston competing with a few of the better contenders in the AFC. The Texans are being run with a completely shortsighted approach because their coach is making personnel decisions to try to save his job.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

The Texans had no intention of paying Clowney and knew he would hold out of games. They likely took the best deal available.

Biggest blunder of the day was the amount of draft capital they gave up for Tunsil. He's a good player but not a franchise-changer like Mack. And even with him, it's hard to see the Houston competing with a few of the better contenders in the AFC. The Texans are being run with a completely shortsighted approach because their coach is making personnel decisions to try to save his job.

True. MIA's OL was an abortion with him (though clearly it was the other 4 positions), so this only secures one spot. Just wow. Bad day for HOU fans.

4 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I don't get it, either. The Dolphins were unwilling to include Tunsil in a Clowney trade, then turn around and trade him to the Texans anyway. Granted, that's a good return for those two players, but it's still really weird...

Clowney didn't want to play in Miami and could have refused to accept the trade by not signing his offer from Houston.

38 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Cincinnati waived Malik Jefferson, second year ILB from Texas. I remember going into last year's football season that Jefferson was touted as a freak of nature athlete who'd go top 15. He ended up slipping and now Taylor's putting his footprint on the organization by cutting him.

I think he'd be a good pickup - athletically similar to Trevathan/Smith and can be a very good special teams player. Cincinatti was not the right place for him. He'd fit much better behind this defensive front.

• Like 1