Notable Cuts 2019

dll2000

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Cincinnati waived Malik Jefferson, second year ILB from Texas. I remember going into last year's football season that Jefferson was touted as a freak of nature athlete who'd go top 15. He ended up slipping and now Taylor's putting his footprint on the organization by cutting him.

I remember when he came out thinking his athletic profile was a good fit at EDGE too. 

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

At the risk of sounding like a Florida fan I would like us to look at both Tabor & Polite...Wisniewski would be a big upgrade over Larsen at C/G...Colquitt would be an upgrade at punter...we badly need to find a decent backup OT as well.

I’ve been trying to get Wisniewski on our squad for like 8 years now. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Are there any TEs that have been cut that Pace should be looking at? Saw that the Steelers just cut a couple dudes...

Luke Willson intrigues me but he’s probably looking for a bigger role than that which we can offer and such opportunities exist elsewhere. 

• Like 1

I expect to see some vet shuffling going on for a couple of weeks or so.  Some may not get picked up 'til after week one so they're contracts won't have to be guaranteed.

I'd more interested in adding one or two who could be an upgrade in our depth than adding any projects who've flunked out elsewhere unless for some reason they're a perfect fit for our schemes and that's unlikely.

Here's something you rarely see......

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/seahawks-down-1-qb-cutting-geno-smith-paxton-003156575--nfl.html

Seahawks down to 1 QB after cutting Geno Smith, Paxton Lynch

RENTON, Wash. (AP) -- The Seattle Seahawks set their 53-man roster on Saturday without a backup quarterback to Russell Wilson after releasing both Geno Smith and Paxton Lynch to reach the league limit.

It was a surprising decision after it appeared Smith had won the backup job during training camp, capped with a strong performance in the final preseason game against Oakland. But Seattle clearly wanted to see what else became available as other teams made their cuts.

And......the Broncos also need a backup QB.  Lock is going on the IR.  Will Bray even be safe????  LOL

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/broncos-looking-backup-qb-again-001806850--nfl.html

Broncos looking for a backup QB again

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) -- John Elway finds himself looking for a quarterback again after jettisoning Kevin Hogan and Brett Rypien amid plans to place second-round draft pick Drew Lock on injured reserve.

''We needed the spot,'' Elway said Saturday after trimming his banged-up roster to 52 players, one below the league maximum.

With nobody behind new starting QB Joe Flacco, who directed just four drives in the preseason, Elway gazed at other teams' castoffs in search of a passer who could quickly absorb offensive coordinator Rich Scangarello's system.

''We're exploring all our options,'' Elway said.

10 minutes ago, soulman said:

Yeah, amen to that.  Anyone see any decent prospects?

Josh Wells in Jacksonville was cut and has some starts under his belt.

I really think they may need to explore the trade market. We saw Jerald Hawkins who has LT skills moved for a late pick swap.

David Sharpe in Oak

Big V in Philadelphia

George Fant in Seattle

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Josh Wells in Jacksonville was cut and has some starts under his belt.

I really think they may need to explore the trade market. We saw Jerald Hawkins who has LT skills moved for a late pick swap.

David Sharpe in Oak

Big V in Philadelphia

George Fant in Seattle

Gotta be someone out there whose better than Lucas.  Hell Bars played better than he did against the same level of competition and he's cheaper.

I'm not gonna worry much about though. Pace's wheels never stop turning in terms of upgrading his roster.  If he can find better he will.

26 minutes ago, soulman said:

Gotta be someone out there whose better than Lucas.  Hell Bars played better than he did against the same level of competition and he's cheaper.

I'm not gonna worry much about though. Pace's wheels never stop turning in terms of upgrading his roster.  If he can find better he will.

OT is difficult because there is such a low supply