Who will win league MVP?!?!

brownie man

6 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

He’s the best QB. Not the best player. Aaron Donald holds that title 

If there was a Wins Above Replacement metric for football Mahomes would blow him away.  We’re talking about the most important/difficult position in pro sports being played at the highest level.  It’s nothing against Donald either.

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

After today:

Brady and Mahomes helped their cases

Russell Wilson helped his, despite the loss

Lamar's stock drops

Jacoby Brissett?

Mahomes easily #1 right now

I'd say Deshaun Watson is in the discussion. Texans don't win in LA if he's not making some incredible plays, escaping pressure like Houdini and throwing some dimes to guys not named DeAndre Hopkins.

Mahomes and Brady look set to be no1 and no2. Rodgers may well also get into discussion. 

Dak, I will need to see against a good team, they've played three sides - all of which are likely to go 0-3 and were expected to be among the bottom five teams in the league. He's got Saints & Packers up next which will be a true test of quality. 

Thing with Mahomes is we now see the influence he had on Alex checkdown Smith early on last year. Smith had just spent an offseason with a QB always looking for the the home run.  

I know arm strength and surrounding talent are factors but even a generic QB like Smith can be nigh unstoppable when they aggressively go deep downfield.  Even against the best defenses in the NFL.

Then you have the revolving WRs he’s throwing to that nobody heard of before. These unknown guys are making great catches and playing up to his level.  Sooner or later they’ll be farming WRs for draft picks if they play their cards right.

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If the Saints do what they did yesterday until Brees gets back it'll be Kamara for MVP, not Teddy. Any QB can throw screen passes to 41 and watch him break tackles all day long.

Yea I was joking.  Kamara is the offense right now.

• Like 1