Who will win league MVP?!?!

brownie man

1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

@Matts4313 As for why I think Brady will finish at the top of MVP voting, well... going 19-0 and having a top 10 all-time statistical season in the process helps with the optics of it all. As much as anything else, despite what looks like a banged up offensive line all season long, I think the voters will sort of fall into the trap of a kind of career accomplishment award with Brady this season in MVP voting if the Pats do in fact go undefeated again.

the voting is done before the playoffs. So at best he will be 16-0 ;)

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I can't believe Dak is in the conversation. Even this early into the season.

This seems like Mahomes' award to lose though. The throws he's making appear to be impossible. 

Then you havent been paying attention. Even last year, after trading for cooper, Dak was top 5-10 in pretty much every single QB stat. He just need at least 1 capable WR. 

3 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Mahomes looks like he has benefited from wide open receivers on big play, YAC, busted coverages as well as several impressive jump ball receptions by his receivers. The Mahomes hype, like the Trevor Lawrence hype, is getting ridiculous. At least Mahomes is in the NFL and playing like a top 5 QB, but as far as MVP race, I think things have been easy in the first two weeks for the reigning MVP.

Yes, Brady has faced powerhouse defenses such as the Miami Dolphins that clearly sets him above Mahomes. He also lacks a clear cut #1 receiver due to injury, unlike Mahomes, right?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

the voting is done before the playoffs. So at best he will be 16-0 ;)

Then you havent been paying attention. Even last year, after trading for cooper, Dak was top 5-10 in pretty much every single QB stat. He just need at least 1 capable WR. 

(yawn) Doesn't matter. He won't win the the award anyway. :) 

1 minute ago, Bearerofnews said:

People tend to forget raiders shutout that unstoppable Chiefs offense for 3 quarters, zero points. Yes they exploded in the 2nd qtr. But that offense will not be as good this year.

Top 3 right now are Dax, Mahomes and Lamar.

All Mahomes needs is a quarter to beat you. That's bad. The dude still had 400 plus passing yards, and 4 touchdowns. And last week nutted on the Jaguars defense. 

Edited by PapaShogun

2 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Yes, Brady has faced powerhouse defenses such as the Miami Dolphins that clearly sets him above Mahomes. He also lacks a clear cut #1 receiver due to injury, unlike Mahomes, right?

A narrative of lacking a clear cut #1 receiver sounds more impressive than the reality of the first two weeks. Most of the yardage and touchdowns Mahomes has thrown for so far have come, as I said, to either wide open receivers who get YAC, or make contested jump ball catches. The Raiders secondary in it's first week without rookie safety Jonathan Abrams was abysmal; as bad as the Dolphins defending the pass. The Chiefs other opponent, the Jaguars, were unprepared in week 1 just as much as the Steelers were. Also, there was no Antonio Brown playing for the Pats against the Steelers and it is equally impressive how with less than a week Antonio Brown and Brady linked up as they did. Actually watching the first two weeks of either quarterback the quality of play through eight quarters goes to Brady even if the bulk stats accumulated look better for Mahomes. As I said, by the end of the season, Brady will win MVP if the Patriots are undefeated, (beating the Chiefs en route by the way), and his stats and game tape continues to be as impressive as it has been already. 

I predicted that Lamar could be in this conversation and so far he is. I think his combination between taking the running plays (when given) or the passing plays (when given) will lead the team to a 12-4/13-3 type record and Lamar with a good stat line. If he breaks Mike Vick’s record and Mahomes doesn’t completely go for over 45 TDs again, Lamar has a chance.

That said, I think Lamar does break Vick’s record and has a great season, but Mahomes goes over 45 TDs again.

Also in the conversation I would have Brady, Dak, Watson, Wilson, and Rodgers. I think Rodgers catches fire especially toward the end of the season (statistically speaking), but this just reminds me of the NBA MVP in the 90s where a whole host of great seasons and great players were stiff armed away by Jordan’s dominance. I see Mahomes repeating with the MVP.

Edited by diamondbull424

22 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Mahomes looks like he has benefited from wide open receivers on big play, YAC, busted coverages as well as several impressive jump ball receptions by his receivers. The Mahomes hype, like the Trevor Lawrence hype, is getting ridiculous. At least Mahomes is in the NFL and playing like a top 5 QB, but as far as MVP race, I think things have been easy in the first two weeks for the reigning MVP.

The Mahomes hype is at exactly the right level.

• Like 2