Who will win league MVP?!?!

brownie man

I think Goff is also a potential under the radar pick. 

Im sure his performance in the SB left a bad taste in his mouth. So he’ll enter the season with something to prove (contract). And another year in McVays system doesnt hurt. Not to mention getting his wrs all back with a healthy Cooper Kupp. 

Most like Carson Wentz, which I agree, Goff is just as solid of a candidate in my opinion 

Edited by rocky_rams

On 8/31/2019 at 3:35 AM, SkippyX said:

The whole thing is about IF with health but a 16 game Wentz and D-Jax is going to see some MVP level passing stats (near 9 yards per pass if 538 is correct)

I will go with Wentz, Mahomes, and Watson on the podium, it will play out who gets gold ( Watson with a healthy Fuller is insane)

If Wentz were to win the MVP it would be more because of Pederson's brilliant offensive game-planning than it would be because of Wentz.

Pederson's system has been so easy on QB's by opening up so many wide open targets for their weapons, the second that Pederson's play-calling fall's off, you will see the real Wentz. 

4 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

If Wentz were to win the MVP it would be more because of Pederson's brilliant offensive game-planning than it would be because of Wentz.

Pederson's system has been so easy on QB's by opening up so many wide open targets for their weapons, the second that Pederson's play-calling fall's off, you will see the real Wentz. 

I always find this logic to be meaningless. Every player runs a system. Rodgers and Brady run intricate systems.

Joe Montana was just a schlub but SYSTEM is where this absurdity leads.

You get to pretend Foles AND Wentz are not good QBs.

Did you spend all last season talking about Andy Reid’s SYSTEM?

Do any Reid / Pederson QBs get credit for not McNabbing all over themselves on a regular basis?

Maybe we should close the HOF and open a Hall of Systems.

Could you also tell us who can READ DEFENSES while you are at it?

12 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Watson just got a pretty big boost in the race today. Houston may not be any better, but that offense improved for sure.

He's got an OL, he's not rehabbing a torn ACL, he's got an extra deep threat in Kenny Stills to take over if/when Will Fuller gets hurt, he's still got a top 3 WR in DeAndre Hopkins, he's going to throw a LOT if his run game is comprised of Carlos Hyde and Duke Johnson...

I'll cover this bet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

He's got an OL, he's not rehabbing a torn ACL, he's got an extra deep threat in Kenny Stills to take over if/when Will Fuller gets hurt, he's still got a top 3 WR in DeAndre Hopkins, he's going to throw a LOT if his run game is comprised of Carlos Hyde and Duke Johnson...

I'll cover this bet.

And honestly, I expect them to need to throw more with the losses of Clowney, Mathieu and KJax. Just a hunch, but I'm not sure that Brennan Scarlett, Tashaun Gipson, and Bradley Roby will be capable of the same level of play. 

Though, I think Gipson should be ALMOST as good as the Honey badger.

1 minute ago, HoboRocket said:

Though, I think Gipson should be ALMOST as good as the Honey badger.

Agree 100% on this part. Maybe not as flashy, probably won't create the turnovers that Honey Badger turned (he didn't turn many, admittedly) but he'll be more consistent back there.

2 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Just a hunch, but I'm not sure that Brennan Scarlett, Tashaun Gipson, and Bradley Roby will be capable of the same level of play. 

I think Scarlett will be a good Whitney Mercilius, and Whitney Mercilius will be a really good Jadevion Clowney. 

JJ Watt will be JJ Watt again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Agree 100% on this part. Maybe not as flashy, probably won't create the turnovers that Honey Badger turned (he didn't turn many, admittedly) but he'll be more consistent back there.

I think Scarlett will be a good Whitney Mercilius, and Whitney Mercilius will be a really good Jadevion Clowney. 

JJ Watt will be JJ Watt again. 

I mean, Scarlett is a solid player. You're right there. But yeah, as I said earlier, Mercilus seems to be at his best when he's one of the two primary ends. So while they'll be worse without Clowney, it's not like they've had him a whole lot anyways, what with the wrinkle in the ground or whatever that ruined his early years. And they've still been a solid D while almost never having one of either Clowney or Watt.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2019 at 11:13 AM, brownie man said:

I got Carson Wentz

he's healthy, that team is loaded, and plays in a really open division. He was going to be MVP in 17 before he went down I think he comes back and reminds people how good he is

Can we just acknowledge that Brady was the favorite to win MVP before Wentz went down and that Wentz was leading him in exactly one stat (touchdowns) when he went down