Clowney Saga -

Kiltman

Report: Jadeveon Clowney would prefer to play for Eagles (John McClain)

Clowney 2_1.jpg?8VxqQTuYBjNxVcvlFdNk5s
https://94wip.radio.com/blogs/eliot-shorr-parks/report-jadeveon-clowney-would-prefer-play-eagles

That much was made very clear by Houston Chronicle Texans reporter John McClain on Friday afternoon during an interview on 94WIP with Jon Marks and Ike Reese.

"We believe he would want to go to the Eagles," McClain said. "He would want to play for Jim Schwartz. He would want to play for a Super Bowl contender."

McLain's information comes after a reporter earlier in the week -- also from the Chronicle -- revealed that Clowney would prefer to go to the Eagles or the Seattle Seahawks as opposed to the Miami Dolphins.

"He does not want to go to Miami," McClain said, before predicting the saga will end with Clowney in Houston since Philadelphia does not have the assets to make a deal happen

One of the top reporters in the NFL, McClain has been all over the Clowney story since it first started earlier this offseason. 

"Howie (Roseman) wants it all to be favorable to the Eagles" McClain said, "but you have to give to get"

OULVYX57.jpg Yippee Ki Yay 

Just now, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Don't understand how we don't have the assets to get it done. More like we don't want to give up the assets to get it done

maybe just the real cherry stuff

We aren't trading Dillard or a 1st for a potential rental...had they done the trade earlier and an extension was agreed to maybe they would.

We have plenty to make a package. Cut day should bring this to a close, if not not sure when it gets done.

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

nah then they wouldnt get anything. They will eventually take 3rd round value for him from the eagles or seahawks i bet. 

I really think Howie’s hang up is the roll over money. He can easily compensate them but that money would be gone forever. I’m sure Howie cleared that money to use in the future. Still think it’s worth it and that Clowney would still fit under the cap with a new deal and some maneuvering but I think it might be just out of Howie’s comfort zone to get done. 

Now, if he’s out and out released then sure. I think the way Howie could structure his contract with a clean slate would be no issue. But yea, I don’t see any reason or way the Texans just cut him for nothing. O’Brien is the GM right now so maybe there’s some hope he just gets completely annoyed and releases him. But doubtful. 

24 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I really think Howie’s hang up is the roll over money. He can easily compensate them but that money would be gone forever. I’m sure Howie cleared that money to use in the future. Still think it’s worth it and that Clowney would still fit under the cap with a new deal and some maneuvering but I think it might be just out of Howie’s comfort zone to get done. 

Now, if he’s out and out released then sure. I think the way Howie could structure his contract with a clean slate would be no issue. But yea, I don’t see any reason or way the Texans just cut him for nothing. O’Brien is the GM right now so maybe there’s some hope he just gets completely annoyed and releases him. But doubtful. 

i also think there is a reason everyone thinks derek barnett will be really good this year