Clowney Saga -

Kiltman

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Ugh, terrible. Really wanted him here. Coulda pushed the defense into elite territory. 

Howie def could have beaten that deal. Just didn’t want to. That roll over money killed it. 

Yeah would’ve been great to get him for that price even as a rental, but I think Seattle is a better situation for him.

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

we kept 6 de's on the roster cause the team liked them 

Sweat caps out at half of a Clowney. Now that I know it would have cost us half the money, I’m a little more perturbed. 

Plus, Shareef Miller is prb headed to the practice squad after finalizing the roster. 

41 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Sweat caps out at half of a Clowney. Now that I know it would have cost us half the money, I’m a little more perturbed. 

Plus, Shareef Miller is prb headed to the practice squad after finalizing the roster. 

maybe if we never wona  superbowl howie goes for that extra push but I mean he really didnt need this time. Our pass rush will be fine.

4 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

we kept 6 de's on the roster cause the team liked them 

Players who won't complain and or expect more playing time trying to maximize their Stats for that massive FA contract. I Don't think for a second JC would of liked being in this Rotation. At least not before getting paid!!!

Anyone honestly feel he'd be ok taking less snaps because of DB, Curry, Hall, Miller or Sweat? He'd expect to be opposite BG and playing all 3 downs. Just like Michael Bennet! Alpha Dog Syndrome!

3 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

maybe if we never wona  superbowl howie goes for that extra push but I mean he really didnt need this time. Our pass rush will be fine.

I sorta agree. But what a weak mentality. This is Philly. It may be another 70 years before a chip. Let’s get this metal. I’m trying to push all in for our opportunities. This doesn’t happen all the time. We’ve been super fortunate to be a contender for 20 years. 

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Players who won't complain and or expect more playing time trying to maximize their Stats for that massive FA contract. I Don't think for a second JC would of liked being in this Rotation. At least not before getting paid!!!

Anyone honestly feel he'd be ok taking less snaps because of DB, Curry, Hall, Miller or Sweat? He'd expect to be opposite BG and playing all 3 downs. Just like Michael Bennet! Alpha Dog Syndrome!

Screw DB. What’s he done to have a concrete spot? He’s been given all chances to perform and he’s done ok in limited spots because he’s been hurt. Stay healthy, produce, earn clout. Until then, you’re just a roster spot. 

Clowney would have started over DB opposite BG and then Schwartz could have been inventive enough to get them all ample shots to perform in a strong rotation. And then see what’s what. Clowney can lineup all over. One thing we lack is a pure joker spot. Not saying Clowney ever would have been in coverage but imagine him in a rush LB spot over Cox  in the nickel. QB would be ishing bricks. 

7 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

i think any team that knows it will be bad would roster shareef in a heartbeat.

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Screw DB. What’s he done to have a concrete spot? He’s been given all chances to perform and he’s done ok in limited spots because he’s been hurt. Stay healthy, produce, earn clout. Until then, you’re just a roster spot. 

Clowney would have started over DB opposite BG and then Schwartz could have been inventive enough to get them all ample shots to perform in a strong rotation. And then see what’s what. Clowney can lineup all over. One thing we lack is a pure joker spot. Not saying Clowney ever would have been in coverage but imagine him in a rush LB spot over Cox  in the nickel. QB would be ishing bricks. 

Yet despite everything you just listed, Neither Howie or Doug thought it was worth the price? Why? What reasoning would they have not to other then other concerns? This isn't a FO scared to make moves. Which IMO speaks volumes that they didn't. 

4 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

the eagles spent a first round pick on Db they care about him and his development.