Clowney Saga -

Kiltman

2 hours ago, babyatemydingo said:

I get the impression that the Eagles had no interest in renting Clowney.
I'm not sure why, given the modest expense.
How is he in the clubhouse?

Mixed reports, but many reports that he got better every year.

i think next year, he’s a FA. They will talk with him. Guess they didn’t want to lose a 3rd and some of these guys they have

1 hour ago, Phire said:

Dude is more hype than production. Don't think he'd have been worth the cost.

I'd say he's less hype actually. Has been a little underrated. Have seen people refer to him as a bust before.

He's kind of like Graham.

Would've been cool with getting him even as a rental, but I think Seattle made the most sense.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'd say he's less hype actually. Has been a little underrated. Have seen people refer to him as a bust before.

He's kind of like Graham.

Would've been cool with getting him even as a rental, but I think Seattle made the most sense.

Completely underrated. His bust hype is overblown. He didn’t start off like a house on fire so people wrote him off early. And stories about his attitude and work ethic exasperated that. 

Last three years: top 3 in TFL (3 behind Donald), 16th in QB hits, top 20 in sacks. He’s not the elite pass rusher people expected but he’s a disruptive force that we laud BG for up and down in Philly. 

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Completely underrated. His bust hype is overblown. He didn’t start off like a house on fire so people wrote him off early. And stories about his attitude and work ethic exasperated that. 

Last three years: top 3 in TFL (3 behind Donald), 16th in QB hits, top 20 in sacks. He’s not the elite pass rusher people expected but he’s a disruptive force that we laud BG for up and down in Philly. 

Dude is arguably the best run defending DE in the league. We could have had him for a 3rd and spare change. If he walks we get a nice comp pick back. There was literally no reason not to pull the trigger here.

4 hours ago, Danger said:

Dude is arguably the best run defending DE in the league. We could have had him for a 3rd and spare change. If he walks we get a nice comp pick back. There was literally no reason not to pull the trigger here.

I can see why because of the roll over money. Howie is a pretty calculated guy. You have to figure he opened up that money specifically with that in mind. But yea, I think it ended up being 7-8M. I would have sacrificed whatever I had planned for that. 

• Like 1