The Prospect/Amateur Thread - Where It's A Brand New Season

ramssuperbowl99

31 minutes ago, Viewsfromthe206 said:

Why do the main prospect sites rank Corey Ray high? He really hasn't shown his bat at all

Tools. Seriously. I asked, I believe, Eric Longenhagen who the best prospect he'd seen all year was and he told me Corey Ray. I don't get it. 

I want him traded before his prospect shine wears off.

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Greenie is Michel Baez the guy who is going to rocket up lists the most in the next 3 months?

I've heard people high on him but personally don't know much. Heard someone say he was the biggest breakout guy of extended this year. 

On 7/22/2017 at 3:33 PM, Viewsfromthe206 said:

Kyle Lewis, working his way back from tearing ACL, MCL, and LCL last year and banging his knee in the wall in his second game back hit his first HR for High A. Really hasn't missed a beat and the speed isn't lost so it seems. 

Dude blew out his knee and comes back hitting better than Corey Ray almost immediately. I'm probably never going to let it down that we took Ray over Lewis, Puk and Groome.

52 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Dude blew out his knee and comes back hitting better than Corey Ray almost immediately. I'm probably never going to let it down that we took Ray over Lewis, Puk and Groome.

I can't believe we got him at 12. Didn't even consider him for us. A few days ago, he hit 2 HR's, but he left the game with knee soreness yesterday. Assuming the organization is extra cautious 

2 minutes ago, Viewsfromthe206 said:

I can't believe we got him at 12. Didn't even consider him for us. A few days ago, he hit 2 HR's, but he left the game with knee soreness yesterday. Assuming the organization is extra cautious 

He fell because the "level of competition" bullcrap excuse and that he "has a hole in his swing." That hole doesn't matter when you have the hand speed he does. I'll never understand why he fell so far. Of course, I'll also be patient with him and see how he adjusts to the higher levels before getting to crazy about it. I just didn't like Ray at all and thought there were much better options on the board.

1 hour ago, hrubes20 said:

In case anybody ever wonders why you can't "scout the statline"; let Tim Tebow be Exhibit 1.  That horrific swing is actually killing it over his first 97 PAs in High A.  176 wRC+.

This is true. Tebow honestly has 6+ raw power but is a 20 defender with a 20 arm and the swing is not great.