The Prospect/Amateur Thread - Where It's A Brand New Season

ramssuperbowl99

57 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Its gotten better. Should be at least average there, if not better. He's lost a few pounds thats helped. I actually think it was Keith Law that said that his defense has improved to potential gold glove level.

It has improved a good deal from the people I’ve heard from but uhh if that’s accurate there’s a reason why Keith Law has fallen behind the 8 ball a bit these days. 

1 hour ago, NewAge said:

It has improved a good deal from the people I’ve heard from but uhh if that’s accurate there’s a reason why Keith Law has fallen behind the 8 ball a bit these days. 

Yeah. Ive seen him a couple times this year, and I dont think its nowhere near a plus. He will be fine there, and has a great arm, but thats about it.

I think Law said potential GG in one of his chats about two weeks ago.

Prolly is but I’m on my phone and at work so it be hard to find this. 

Is there a site that tells you where some of the top prospects are playing and at what level? I won tickets to see the Indians Single A club and I want to pick tickets to a game where the opposing team has a young potential stud in the starting roster. 

If anyone can help me that would be great!

24 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Is there a site that tells you where some of the top prospects are playing and at what level? I won tickets to see the Indians Single A club and I want to pick tickets to a game where the opposing team has a young potential stud in the starting roster. 

The list is meh, but mlb.com's top 100 has the current stats and level.  

Baseball America moved their mock draft (along with almost everything else) behind their paywall.  I understand wanting to get paid, but it's at the point now where I never go there anymore.  I choose to subscribe to The Athletic over BA, and despite Jim Bowden's piss poor draft coverage, I'm still very happy with that decision with all the other great articles, coverage, and conversation I get there.  I'm leaning more on Fangraphs now for draft coverage and I've almost never gone there before.  I'll listen to what Callis has to say at MLB.  Mayo.....not so much.

58 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Baseball America moved their mock draft (along with almost everything else) behind their paywall.  I understand wanting to get paid, but it's at the point now where I never go there anymore.  I choose to subscribe to The Athletic over BA, and despite Jim Bowden's piss poor draft coverage, I'm still very happy with that decision with all the other great articles, coverage, and conversation I get there.  I'm leaning more on Fangraphs now for draft coverage and I've almost never gone there before.  I'll listen to what Callis has to say at MLB.  Mayo.....not so much.

Their draft top 500 is behind a paywall for the first time.  That chaps me.

On 5/15/2018 at 10:41 AM, buno67 said:

Well its the midwest league, so you can start there. I watch a descent number of midwest league games so I can help you out

• Cedar Rapids(MIN)-Royce Lewis, Alex Kirilloff, Blaine Enlow
  • Dayton(CIN)-Hunter Greene, Jeter Downs, Stuart Fairchild
  • Fort Wayne(SD)-Gore
  • Burlington(LAA)-Adell, Hunter Jr, Marsh
  • Beloit(OAK)-Chalmers, Lazaro, Beck

The rest are meh. The league is a little down right now. A lot of 2017 draftees went straight to high A or got called up quickly.

I got to see Brendan McCarthy's last game in low A last weekend against Royce Lewis. McKay is going to be a bust, but Lewis is a stud. He is so young and rail thin, but you see every tool flash, and flash loudly. Alex Kirillof, their 2016 1st round pick, looks like a starting RF in MLB as well. 

Edited by devils1854

31 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Their draft top 500 is behind a paywall for the first time.  That chaps me.

Don’t worry, you’re not missing much. There are college guys they have in the 200s that I wouldn’t even draft in the 40th round. And guys they have unranked or in the 400s that I would take in the top 5 rounds. 

2 hours ago, NewAge said:

I will give BA credit for not taking part in the Luke Heimlich redemption tour. 

So who should the Cardinals draft?  Honestly, I probably won't look into the prospects until after they've been picked.