The Prospect/Amateur Thread - Where It's A Brand New Season

ramssuperbowl99

23 hours ago, NewAge said:

Don’t worry, you’re not missing much. There are college guys they have in the 200s that I wouldn’t even draft in the 40th round. And guys they have unranked or in the 400s that I would take in the top 5 rounds. 

I used it for prep prospects, as I really don't have any knowledge about most of them outside of the 1st and 2nd rounders.  

21 hours ago, NewAge said:

I will give BA credit for not taking part in the Luke Heimlich redemption tour. 

Definitely kudos there.  

17 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

How is that even a thing? HOW?

It's effing ridiculous.  I feel confident the Cubs aren't in on him, but I will be PISSED if they are.

24 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

It's effing ridiculous.  I feel confident the Cubs aren't in on him, but I will be PISSED if they are.

If he gets drafted by the Brewers, I'm probably writing the PR people of the team letting them know if he signs I'm not going to any games. 

I'm just baffled that we're even here discussing it.

15 hours ago, renndawg37 said:

Vladdy Jr. is unreal at the plate. Hitting .414 with seven homers and an OPS of 1.135 through 34 games in New Hampshire...only 13 strikeouts, making it look easy 

I traded Brendan Rodgers and my 1st and 2nd rd picks this year for Vlad Jr last year (plus the other guys 3rd and 4th this year) in my 17 keeper dynasty league.  Now I'm being flooded with trade offers and rejecting them all while laughing manically.  Also picked up Juan Soto at the start of this season, so I'm liking my future.

• Like 1

Just now, THE DUKE said:

I traded Brendan Rodgers and my 1st and 2nd rd picks this year for Vlad Jr last year (plus the other guys 3rd and 4th this year) in my 17 keeper dynasty league.  Now I'm being flooded with trade offers and rejecting them all while laughing manically.  Also picked up Juan Soto at the start of this season, so I'm liking my future.

You might want to sell high on BR tbh. 

The biggest question for VGJ right now, is if Toronto goes ahead and calls him up this summer or try to play the service time game and call him up mid April 2019.

Similar question for the Nats.  Juan Soto might be a help as a rotational player if they are making a pennant run this year before they lose Harper.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

The biggest question for VGJ right now, is if Toronto goes ahead and calls him up this summer or try to play the service time game and call him up mid April 2019.

Similar question for the Nats.  Juan Soto might be a help as a rotational player if they are making a pennant run this year before they lose Harper.

That's the big debate on Twitter now. Call him up now and move Donaldson to DH. Or trade Donaldson but if you move Donaldson why bring up the 19 and start his clock a year early since you're  not gonna to make playoffs without Donaldson.And risk losing him before he's 26? 

Think Nats might keep moving Soto up if he keeps hitting a month from now. They will probably care less about service time if theyre gonna lose Harper.

Edited by Mr. bDoDDleS

32 minutes ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

That's the big debate on Twitter now. Call him up now and move Donaldson to DH. Or trade Donaldson but if you move Donaldson why bring up the 19 and start his clock a year early since you're  not gonna to make playoffs without Donaldson.And risk losing him before he's 26? 

Think Nats might keep moving Soto up if he keeps hitting a month from now. They will probably care less about service time if theyre gonna lose Harper.

Ironically Toronto has a better record without Donaldson. He's a shell of his former self and doesn't want to be in Toronto. What the talk is around Toronto is DFA Kendrys Morales and rotating Vlad and JD 3B/DH

The only thing stopping Vlad is starting his clock which is ridiculous from a team like Toronto who has the consistent top tier payroll and revenue 

Edited by BillsGuy82

15 hours ago, renndawg37 said:

Vladdy Jr. is unreal at the plate. Hitting .414 with seven homers and an OPS of 1.135 through 34 games in New Hampshire...only 13 strikeouts, making it look easy 

He has nothing to prove in AA, at least bump him up to Buffalo (AAA) where he'll see better pitching 

2 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Ironically Toronto has a better record without Donaldson. He's a shell of his former self and doesn't want to be in Toronto. What the talk is around Toronto is DFA Kendrys Morales and rotating Vlad and JD 3B/DH

The only thing stopping Vlad is starting his clock which is ridiculous from a team like Toronto who has the consistent top tier payroll and revenue 

But you want Vlad playing every day at 3B not DHing at all if he came up. Also, it's not about payroll, it's about the extra year of control. Would you want half a season of 19-year-old Vlad or a full season of 26-year-old Vlad before he becomes a potential  FA? I'd rather have the full 26-year-old prime Vlad than half a year of 19-year-old Vlad, personally. Good examples are Machado and Harper now who are gonna become $300-$400 million dollar players because they are reaching FA at a still young age. 

5 hours ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

But you want Vlad playing every day at 3B not DHing at all if he came up. Also, it's not about payroll, it's about the extra year of control. Would you want half a season of 19-year-old Vlad or a full season of 26-year-old Vlad before he becomes a potential  FA? I'd rather have the full 26-year-old prime Vlad than half a year of 19-year-old Vlad, personally. Good examples are Machado and Harper now who are gonna become $300-$400 million dollar players because they are reaching FA at a still young age. 

Conversely, do you want to wait another 140 games to bring him up?  That's a long time to wait.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

Yea I get that, trust me Vladdy is all over the news in my parts and is the topic of conversation in all sports media right now.

It's typically a move smaller market teams make to get that extra year, like the Orioles with Machado. He has nothing to prove at least at AA. Do you honestly believe keeping Vladdy down for another 11 months is beneficial to the Jays. He'll be up this year probably by end of June latest.