The Prospect/Amateur Thread - Where It's A Brand New Season

ramssuperbowl99

6 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Monumental bust.

Um no? He's really talented and this isn't that bad of an injury. I think he's a top 3 guy in the system if Rosario, Smith, and Flexen all graduate. 

Edited by NewAge

Just now, NewAge said:

Um no? He's still really talented and this isn't that bad of an injury. I think he's a top 3 guy in the system if Rosario, Smith, and Flexen all graduate. 

Haven't seen anything other than his tools flash, can't stay healthy, as of RIGHT NOW he's a bust because he's yet to string together even one year healthy.

Need him to do more than flash and make it through a full year.

4 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Haven't seen anything other than his tools flash, can't stay healthy, as of RIGHT NOW he's a bust because he's yet to string together even one year healthy.

Need him to do more than flash and make it through a full year.

Yeah, obviously the biggest detriment to him is his health. This particular injury is less concerning to me than the number of leg injuries he's had. 

Still not even close to giving up on a 20 year old with tools as loud as his. Plus speed, plus range, plus raw power, and a ton of walks. The arm is garbo but he should be good enough to stick in center since his range is really good and his reads have developed well. High K rate but it's a lot of backwards Ks. If he stays healthy and puts it together, that's a first-division up-the-middle regular. 

He also hit like Barry Bonds the four times I saw him this year so I may be looking at a bit of a biased sample. 

Edited by NewAge

On 7/28/2017 at 8:11 PM, playmaker8267 said:

Anderson Espinoza has a torn UCL. He will undergo Tommy John surgery next week.

Sucks, essentially two lost seasons for Espinoza. Hope he has a speedy recovery, he has electric stuff. 

Related note- Pomeranz continues to pitch well. 

9 hours ago, devils1854 said:

Acuna

(A+)126 PA, .287/.336/.478, .191 ISO, 6.3 BB%, 31.7 K%
(AA)243 PA, .326/.374/.520, .196 ISO, 7.4 BB%, 23.0 K%
(AAA)76 PA, .318/.400/.606, .288 ISO, 10.5 BB%, 18.4 K%

Time for him to come up, I think.

Plus, I have him stashed in two keeper/dynasty leagues.

1 hour ago, The Gnat said:

Time for him to come up, I think.

Plus, I have him stashed in two keeper/dynasty leagues.

Nah. No reason to this year since we arent competing. Maybe a cup of coffee in September since it doesnt effect his clock, but he will probably be up sometime around May of next year unless we can find someone to take on Markakis in the offseason. 

On 7/28/2017 at 8:11 PM, playmaker8267 said:

Anderson Espinoza has a torn UCL. He will undergo Tommy John surgery next week.

That's the problem with stocking all your hopes and dreams on an 18 year old pitcher in A ball.  That's like 3-5 years where you're exposed to risk of arm injuries and attrition before you can sniff the Majors.  To get a guy like Pomeranz for that is a steal

• Like 1