The Prospect/Amateur Thread - Where It's A Brand New Season

ramssuperbowl99

Just now, CWood21 said:

I think the Cardinals would sooner do a Mike Leake deal and eat a majority of his salary before they attach prospects to him.  That being said, the NTC is a bigger obstacle to overcome, and he's probably not going to waive that NTC unless he's either getting compensated or going to a contender.  At $43.5M over the next three years, he's a burden for any team given his production.  He's obviously not going to be this bad the entire season.  I almost wonder if Atlanta would have interest in him if the Cardinals ate a good portion of his salary.  That's probably a team he'd waive his NTC for.

The NTC is the easiest part of this which is why I'd be so eager to get him. Matheny's gone, so maybe that helps but I think he'd rubber stamp a trade to the team from The Longest Yard if it meant no more St. Louis.

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The NTC is the easiest part of this which is why I'd be so eager to get him. Matheny's gone, so maybe that helps but I think he'd rubber stamp a trade to the team from The Longest Yard if it meant no more St. Louis.

Unless Dex is in the "anywhere but St. Louis" mentality, that NTC is going to be an issue.  I think Dexter wants to be in St. Louis, he just wanted nothing to do with Matheny which means he's probably less willing to waive it at this point.  I think he'd agree to go to a team that was competitive or closer to his home (i.e. Atlanta).

6 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Orioles enter IFA for the first time in history with a bang

But he hasn't been declared a free agent yet.  No agreements can be reached!

But this is a good landing spot for him, and I'm really happy the Dodgers didn't get him.

4 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

But he hasn't been declared a free agent yet.  No agreements can be reached!

But this is a good landing spot for him, and I'm really happy the Dodgers didn't get him.

*3 days later*

Orioles under investigation for egregious violation of IFA laws relating to the signing of Victor Victor Mesa.

• Like 1