The Prospect/Amateur Thread - Where It's A Brand New Season

ramssuperbowl99

2 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

I don't blame them for bumping anybody up to AA, if only so that their exposure to the CAL is limited.  

IIRC, weren't you a little bullish on Adell during the draft process? I know I wanted him due to his tools but you had a lot of questions about him, correct?

Just now, beekay414 said:

IIRC, weren't you a little bullish on Adell during the draft process? I know I wanted him due to his tools but you had a lot of questions about him, correct?

I was probably more bearish than most, actually.  Loved the tools obviously, but there were such iffy reports about his contact that it soured me on him as a top 15 pick.   

1 minute ago, hrubes20 said:

I was probably more bearish than most, actually.  Loved the tools obviously, but there were such iffy reports about his contact that it soured me on him as a top 15 pick.   

Yeah, he just needed to get into the right system. If the Brewers drafted him, he'd probably still have contact issues considering we can't develop high BA guys for the life of us (Hiura doesn't count).

On 7/25/2018 at 9:11 PM, JammerHammer21 said:

19 year old Deivi Garcia with a tremendous start in Low-A tonight: 6 IP, 2 H, 0 BB, 0 R, 12 K, 1 HBP. Apparently gets ridiculous spin on his curveball.

Promoted to Tampa full-time (has made spot starts in the past), and put up an incredible outing:

7 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 12 K

Was perfect through 7, but got pulled at 82 pitches, which is probably because he's 19

Edited by JammerHammer21

14 hours ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Promoted to Tampa full-time (has made spot starts in the past), and put up an incredible outing:

7 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 12 K

Was perfect through 7, but got pulled at 82 pitches, which is probably because he's 19

The Yankees are ridiculously good at spotting arm talent.  My word.