The Prospect/Amateur Thread - Where It's A Brand New Season

ramssuperbowl99

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, BrownieTheElf said:

What does everyone think of the 2019 MLB Draft? 

I don't follow amateur baseball well enough to have a real informed opinion but the consensus seems to be you have 2 special talents at the top in Ruschman and Witt Jr, deep at catcher, a significant lack of college pitching, and the usual roulette wheel of high school power arms.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Which prospect has the best all around bat between Fernando Tatis Jr, Bo Bichette, Eloy Jimenez or Nick Senzel ?

Eloy

His steamer for the MLB this year is: .293, 23 HR, 74 RBI with a 129 wRC+ and he hasn't even played in the bigs yet lol

Edited by beekay414

On 12/20/2018 at 9:56 AM, BrownieTheElf said:

What does everyone think of the 2019 MLB Draft? 

It probably has the best prospect at the top since Harper(Ruschman). Then you have another elite talent after him in Witt Jr.

After that, Ive only seen a bunch of meh so far, but I havent looked into it too much, but the catcher from Baylor seems very intriguing. Scary good behind the plate, and has shown flashes hitting. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2019/?list=prospects

MLB.com top 100 prospect list.

Back to back 100 win seasons and 6 prospects in the top 100.  Feels good man.  :) 

Think the Padres may do better if they just play their prospects. 10 in the top 100 and have the most important positions C, SS, 2B, RHP and LHP starters. CF is all they are missing from the top 100.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

All just a ploy to get more money from the A's, or legit? 

I think that it's both and about him trying to maximize his value, making him more money and giving him even more power. He may very well want to be a QB, but he's also kind of saying that if you want me, you're  going to have to invest in me. It also helps potentially solidify in the minds of those hesitant to draft him in the NFL that he's serious and they aren't going to lose a draft pick if they roll the dice on him. 

10 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

A's were so stupid to even mess around with this.

The A's were stupid, but the MLBPA also needs to look in the mirror about their own structure of contracts with all pro players, not just the MLB contracts. JMHO