Jump to content
coordinator0

2019 Final Roster Cuts

Recommended Posts

There goes Henry. It's a surprise... but not really. Seiler's spot should be assured now. Can't see Willis making it over him, or the Ravens only carrying 5 defensive linemen in Williams, Pierce, Wormley, Mack, and Ricard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

There goes Henry. It's a surprise... but not really. Seiler's spot should be assured now. Can't see Willis making it over him, or the Ravens only carrying 5 defensive linemen in Williams, Pierce, Wormley, Mack, and Ricard. 

Trade incoming. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah if we cut Henry we're either trading him or trading with someone else. Either way, our DE position is....not looking good right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah if we cut Henry we're either trading him or trading with someone else. Either way, our DE position is....not looking good right now.

It's fine. The DL rotation is Williams, Pierce, Wormley, and Ricard. The latter two probably split reps pretty evenly. Seiler or Mack gets a handful every now and then, just like usual for the 5th lineman in the rotation. Any injury bumps one of them up depending on the position. Then we get to see what one of the young guys can do. 

It would be great if the team had a clear, well above average starting talent to go along with Williams and Pierce. They don't, but the situation is just about the next best thing. Depth and at least the ability for a deep rotation (which doesn't really exist in the league like fans think it does/should).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wormley is unproven, but I don't know if I would say he's merely average or bad. He's starting for a reason, and it's not simply because the other options aren't that good. I really like that 3 man front with the additional depth we have. Could we use a truly elite commodity? Sure, but 90% of the league could too. We're sitting pretty with the guys we currently have, IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Wormley is unproven, but I don't know if I would say he's merely average or bad. He's starting for a reason, and it's not simply because the other options aren't that good. I really like that 3 man front with the additional depth we have. Could we use a truly elite commodity? Sure, but 90% of the league could too. We're sitting pretty with the guys we currently have, IMO.

Wormley played 401 defensive snaps last year, so I think the Ravens know he is proven enough. I like our top 3 D-lineman. Williams and Pierce can rotate out on 3rd down and passing situations, but if one of them gets hurt the defense will be in trouble. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AngusMcFife said:

Wormley played 401 defensive snaps last year, so I think the Ravens know he is proven enough. I like our top 3 D-lineman. Williams and Pierce can rotate out on 3rd down and passing situations, but if one of them gets hurt the defense will be in trouble. 

I don’t think that will be a problem this year. That’s what we have Mack for now. He insured that our run defense isn’t screwed in the event that either Williams or Pierce goes down unlike in years past where them going down had a big impact to the defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waiving both Sieler and Willis indicates we feel comfortable with Chris Wormley at DE and that is beyond atrocious. We have literally zero interior pass rush.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Waiving both Sieler and Willis indicates we feel comfortable with Chris Wormley at DE and that is beyond atrocious. We have literally zero interior pass rush.

You are picturing like a down lineman like an Aaron Donald or Chris Jones who just beats his man in the interior and gets a sack by himself?

Our defense doesn't work like that. When did it ever? Our interior D-lineman are there to hold the POA and push the pocket back. The interior pass rush will be an ILB or safety blitzing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the armchair GMs have spoken. with the release of 4th round pick Henry and 7th round pick Sieler this team is doomed to fail.

...

i'd say DeCosta has proven to have a very clear picture of where he wants this team to head in his short stint. They'll be alright. This is not the season to win it all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

You are picturing like a down lineman like an Aaron Donald or Chris Jones who just beats his man in the interior and gets a sack by himself?

Our defense doesn't work like that. When did it ever? Our interior D-lineman are there to hold the POA and push the pocket back. The interior pass rush will be an ILB or safety blitzing.

It hasn't, but that's largely because for the past 11+ years we've had good OLB's rushing the passer. We don't have that any longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jets are cutting Jachai Polite, wow. I've haven't heard about him much this Preseason, but cutting a 3rd Round Pick already? That's a bad look for the organization.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×