2019 Final Roster Cuts

coordinator0

32 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Jets are cutting Jachai Polite, wow. I've haven't heard about him much this Preseason, but cutting a 3rd Round Pick already? That's a bad look for the organization.

That guy just doesn't want it is my bet

Tavon done for the season sucks beyond belief. I wanted him to make the best decision for his long term health though, and it looks like he did.

Nice to see Mekari and Alaka make it.

I'm guessing we're going to see a lot of NASCAR fronts this year with only 4 DIs(+Ricard) on the 53.

That famous 4th Round, Chris Moore will be the only one playing in 2019.

Edited by DreamKid

So.....here's the final Final 53, thoughts?

QB: Lamar Jackson, RG3, Trace McSorley

HB: Mark Ingram, Gus Edwards, Justice Hill

FB: Patrick Ricard

TE: Hayden Hurst, Mark Andrews, Nick Boyle

WR: Marquise Brown, Willie Snead, Chris Moore, Miles Boykin, Seth Roberts, Jaleel Scott

OT: Ronnie Stanley, Orlando Brown Jr., Greg Senat

T/G: James Hurst

G: Marshal Yanda, Ben Powers

G/C: Bradley Bozeman, Patrick Mekari

C: Matt Skura

NT: Brandon Williams, Michael Pierce, Daylon Mack

DT: Patrick Ricard

DE: Chris Wormley

OLB/EDGE: Pernell McPhee, Matt Judon, Tyus Bowser, Tim Williams, Jaylon Ferguson

ILB: Patrick "Peanut" Onwuasor, Chris Board, Kenny Young, Otaro Alaka

S/LB: Anthony Levine

CB: Marlon Humphrey, Jimmy Smith, Brandon Carr, Anthony Averett, Iman Marshall, Cyrus Jones, Justin Bethel

FS: Earl Thomas, DeShon Elliot

SS: Tony Jefferson, Chuck Clark

K: Justin Tucker

P: Sam Koch

LS: Morgan Cox

• Like 1

Most surprising thing is Iman Marshall not going on season ending IR, but we know the value of CB depth. He might get on IR for DR if we can get a body on the D-line. Cyrus Jones had to make the roster because he is easily the best (only?) return man option. The theme I take away is that they want to hold on to O-line and CB bodies over D-line and a couple other spots. Keeping McSorley seems like something they do. 

I'm hoping we can get De'Lance Turner on the PS again. We'll need 3 backs for all games, and may need to pull one in if anyone misses time. Turner has good speed and seems solid all around. Still remember that the team really wanted to put him in over the Gus Bus mid-season, but Turner couldn't get healthy enough.

11 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

The theme I take away is that they want to hold on to O-line and CB bodies over D-line and a couple other spots.

I'm sure they regret not hanging onto Darious Williams last year. As an organization they've made the CB position a top priority recently, and the one time they go against the grain and release an upside talent at CB- it comes back to hurt them. They couldn't have foreseen Tavon going down, or Canady falling apart, but boy would it be nice to have another SCB option like Williams on the team right now. Brandon Carr, some big Nickel looks, and the hopeful ascension of Anthony Averett should still allow us to field an Elite Coverage unit. Still, it's got to sting a bit.