Which QB would you rather have right now: Josh Rosen or Lamar Jackson?

ClutchDJ

8 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Rosen can't win a starting job, easily Jackson. 

Jackson vs Allen is a better debate.

The only QB that has removed themselves out of this debate IMO is Josh Rosen and only because he’s not a starting QB. But IMO Baker, Darnold, and Allen are all fair game. After 1/4 of the season I think that will be a fair indicator of the growth these QBs made over the offseason.

On 9/6/2019 at 12:40 AM, Tugboat said:

Depends a little bit on whether you mean, "right now" as in "for one year only", or who would i rather have right now...for this year and beyond.

For this year only...it's really tough.  Lamar Jackson is probably the "safer" bet, in that we've seen a blueprint where he can notch wins.  But even then, i think if you actually get serious and tailor a roster as good as the Ravens to what Rosen does well and give him some stability...he can probably win you games just the same.  Plus, the fact we've seen the Lamar Jackson blueprint already, means everyone around the league has also had an awfully detailed look at it as well.  In other words...there are going to be more well prepared gameplans to counter the narrowly focused gameplan he's had success with...so he's going to have to take a big step outside of what he's demonstrated he can do, if he's going to have sustainable success.

I'd gamble with Rosen probably.  For one year even.  But it leans more toward him as the scope gets longer-term.

But really, i'd just want Josh Allen instead.  Why can't i have that?

Why would you want two worse QBs?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Mayfield? Did you mean Allen? Baker did his thing last season, can’t see him not following that up with at least a half decent season.

its all downhill for him imo, i expect the browns losing culture will ruin him he will have more games like today lose his confidence and browns will be looking for a new qb again

On 9/8/2019 at 9:18 PM, RavensDefense3 said:

its all downhill for him imo, i expect the browns losing culture will ruin him he will have more games like today lose his confidence and browns will be looking for a new qb again

Fair enough. I just don’t see it like that. Lamar and Baker were my 1a/1b QBs in that draft and the only ones that would make me move on from Flacco. I saw both as clear cut franchise difference makers with elite traits. And somehow we were able to get Jackson with the 32nd pick. I’m still ecstatic (if only we hadn’t overdrafted Hurst).

But with Baker, he’s shown me too much at this point. Freddie Kitchens would have to be Hugh Jackson level bad for me to doubt Bakers ability at this point.

As a UCLA alumni and fan I have to say Lamar Jackson.

I wasn't even that high on Josh Rosen when he was at UCLA. I thought he was one of the most overhyped prospects and I never saw anything on the field to really justify it.

Lamar has done fine so far. And he's in a much better situation.