Titans Extend Ben Jones

ttitansfan4life

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Needed a new center and was hoping we’d be done with him after this season.

An upgrade would be cool, but needed I feel is a stretch. Outside of the stretch where he was injured in 17, he's been pretty much an average center.

That 6.75 average places him as the 15th highest paid center.

Pretty fitting.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

An upgrade would be cool, but needed I feel is a stretch. Outside of the stretch where he was injured in 17, he's been pretty much an average center.

That 6.75 average places him as the 15th highest paid center.

Pretty fitting.

He’s played at an average to below average level the past couple of seasons. Absolutely no reason to extend him. The OGs beside him have sucked but he certainly doesn’t help getting dominated by any decent DT they face.

Just now, ttitansfan4life said:

He’s played at an average to below average level the past couple of seasons. Absolutely no reason to extend him. The OGs beside him have sucked but he certainly doesn’t help getting dominated by any decent DT they face.

I agree in that I don't see the need to extend him at the moment.

But with the paltry pay, if they see someone they like better they can grab that person and cut Jones pretty easily or even keep him around as interior depth, and if they don't find anyone they like better, I guess they have an average center under contract for a couple years.

It's just kinda whatever at this point.

Just now, titans0021 said:

He’s an aging, below average center.

Below average might be a bit harsh, but regardless they're paying him dead on average money. I don't really  get extending him now, but it's not really a big deal with what they're paying him. Can easily replace him if they find something better, and if not, I guess they have him for 2 years.

His one season here that he was surrounded by competent guard play, people were singing his praises(though I don't think he was exceptionally good in 2016, I think his performance, outside of the dip in play due to injury in 2017, has been pretty consistently average). Improve the play around him and use him for his calls and the like and you're fine.

• Like 1