What is your favorite movie car?

Uncle Buck

9 hours ago, TVScout said:

I almost forgot:

thespywholovedmed.jpg

Those were cool cars, but I had an experience in a Lotus Esprit that turned me off on them for good.  There was an early model Esprit sitting on the lot at a nearby car dealer.  It was white with red velour seats and had a sunroof.  The salesman brought out the keys, opened it up, and I sat in it.  It didn't take long to realize that the sunroof was leaking, because the water leaked through the white pants I was wearing at the time.  (Don't scoff at the white pants.  This was back in 1984).  That would have been bad enough, but what made it even worse was the fact that the coloring of the red velour stained the back of my pants.  I looked like I was walking around with pink and white pants on.  It's funny now, but it really bugged me at the time.  In spite of this, the Esprits were still good cars.  They had good handling, and probably even had decent gas mileage due to the fact that they were powered by a 4 cylinder engine.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

the sunroof was leaking

That was a common defect of cars in that era.

17 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

red velour seats

In a GT? That stuff is for pimpmobiles. I sat in an Esprit of the same era that had white leather. No problem.

41 minutes ago, TVScout said:

That was a common defect of cars in that era.

In a GT? That stuff is for pimpmobiles. I sat in an Esprit of the same era that had white leather. No problem.

Yeah, I was surprised to see the red velour.  This was a very early model.  It was so long ago I can't remember what model year it was, but I'm thinking it was a 70's car.  It couldn't have been an 80's model because then it would have been so new and expensive it wouldn't have been sitting outside at that dealer's lot.

The Gumball Rally had a few cool cars in it too.  The red Ferrari Daytona Spyder and the blue Shelby Cobra were amazing - especially in the scene at the end of the movie where both of these cars were racing each other toward the finish of the rally.  Muscle car fans will probably appreciate the white Camaro driven by a young Gary Busey.