Team Roster Cuts

valkrei

2 hours ago, samsel23 said:

I would guess he comes back when Henne gets IR’d.    I do like Rankin for developing though

I did some research on him. I thought I recognized the name from a couple of years ago. Sure enough, he was the guy from Mississippi State that was too quiet. Coaches like fire and attitude. Rankin isn't like that. what is is athletic, smart and I'll use the word thorough. By that I mean he finishes plays, continues blocks, does everything in the book, by the book. So, for our space oriented blocking scheme, he has real potential. With Houston's somewhat brain dead FO,  he had none. I see him backing up both OGs and RT, with starting potential.

17 hours ago, samsel23 said:

I would guess he comes back when Henne gets IR’d.    I do like Rankin for developing though

Veach has made comments to that effect. They want Henne eligible to return this season, so they have to carry him a day on the active roster. My guess is that they resign Jeff Allen this week.

There are noises that seem to indicate the team wants Rankin to back up OT more than the interior. One of the knocks is that his style is not physical, which is more premium at OG. 

• 1 month later...