This years fantasy MVP

sammymvpknight

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

I'm not biased for either of them. I like Sanders and Montgomery this year, I like Montgomery more but people are sleeping on Miles Sanders and he was had for great value. Jordan Howard isn't going to keep that job long.

That’s my point. There is no job. The job is a committee and everyone will have their role. It’s a complete cluster and I don’t want anything to do with it. This idea that the Eagles will disregard their recipe for success over the past few years and shove the ball down Sanders throat has no basis. At his ADP, I’d be shocked if his owners aren’t frustrate by years end. Did you read the report about the Eagles contemplating a trade for Gordon? Why would they do that? Because they embrace the fact that they are a RBBC team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

If you have already bought Sanders you have no other choice but to ride with him. But I wouldn’t have drafted him in redrafter. I think the gap between he and Howard is much more narrow than Montgomery and his competitors. I agree that Montgomery is a great buy low guy right now...but I think it won’t be until the second half of the season until the Bears OC wises up. 

Which almost makes it worth your while to sit tight and not buy after this game. If you think that this doesn't turn around for 3-4 weeks at least (and I do think that is a possibility...coaches are not known for being super flexible or willing to change their minds about things in a hurry), you could get him crazy low a month into the season and then get the best of him. 

17 hours ago, brownie man said:

I’ll give my MVP at each position. 

QB. Carson Wentz

RB. Fournette if you get him 3rd or later

WR. Mike Williams 

TE. Mark Andrews

Defense. Bills

Kicker. Elliot

I think Robby Gould will be an MVP...by a team that didn’t initially select him. He has a week 4 bye. I’m willing to bet that he’s released by over half of his owners week 4. Pick him up and start him the rest of the season. Profit. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I think Robby Gould will be an MVP...by a team that didn’t initially select him. He has a week 4 bye. I’m willing to bet that he’s released by over half of his owners week 4. Pick him up and start him the rest of the season. Profit. 

i can see that. 

i might do that as i have bryant whom i selected with the final draft pick

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/6/2019 at 3:36 PM, Forge said:

Which almost makes it worth your while to sit tight and not buy after this game. If you think that this doesn't turn around for 3-4 weeks at least (and I do think that is a possibility...coaches are not known for being super flexible or willing to change their minds about things in a hurry), you could get him crazy low a month into the season and then get the best of him. 

I think that is a good plan. Montgomery and Sanders have been underwhelming statistically so far. They are both pretty good buy low guys. 

The Eagles committee is playing out as I suspected. 3 TDs to Howard yesterday (including 3 receptions and a receiving TD). He’s not going to go away. Certainly, Sanders is getting work but he isn’t getting much third down work, red zones carries, and is splitting things pretty evenly with Howard. I think that he may start to get a few more looks as the season goes on, but not enough to justify his ADP. 

I like Montgomery’s situation much more. Cohen is working his way into the doghouse and the gap is widening between Montgomery and Patterson/Davis. The Bears aren’t as good offensively as the Eagles, but I’d be surprised if Montgomery doesn’t have a good 2nd half of the season. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Honestly though, it might be the Patriots D

They have unquestionably been the best defense so far this season. I don't think that they will be near as good the second half of the season, but I really underestimated the importance of that horrible schedule and to a lesser extent the ability of that defense.

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

They have unquestionably been the best defense so far this season. I don't think that they will be near as good the second half of the season, but I really underestimated the importance of that horrible schedule and to a lesser extent the ability of that defense.

I can’t remember a defense that has created this many turnovers and has scored this much over 6 weeks. 

• Like 1

I think MVPs tend to be guys drafted lower that blow up and help teams have two top 10-15 players.  Right now that is the NE D, Cooper Kupp, Chark, Godwin, Mark Ingram, and maybe Lamar Jackson.  The NE D and Chark are the lowest drafted with the highest points so they would be the leader in the clubhouse right now.  If you hit on your first/2nd round pick plus have one or two of these guys, you are having a good year. 

Value wise maybe Cooper Kupp who I have. 

Also Tom Brady scores high 20’s every game and got him in the 14th Round. 

Josh Jacobs has also been a very nice pickup for his ADP. I avoided all Raiders but regret it. 

Also hoping Gordon becomes a Fantasy MVP. I got him in the 7th. And in most leagues he went 6th. And without the whole holdout fiasco he’s probably an early 3rd Round Pick. 

Edited by BayRaider