Bears Roster Cuts

soulman

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Jefferson claimed by Cleveland

Vedvik claimed by the Jets

Kizer claimed by Oakland

Bengals claimed Perine

Washington claimed Wendell Smallwood

Great for Kizer. Going to an overrated HC that has never developed a young QB. Should work out fine.

I knew it would never happen, but I loved the idea of Vedvik getting claimed by us and becoming the punter to replace O'Donnell. That's be kind of like poetry in motion, right? lol

3 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Great for Kizer. Going to an overrated HC that has never developed a young QB. Should work out fine.

I knew it would never happen, but I loved the idea of Vedvik getting claimed by us and becoming the punter to replace O'Donnell. That's be kind of like poetry in motion, right? lol

I wonder who they waive for Kizer. Gruden seems to have a hard-on for Glennon and especially Peterman

9 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

First missed kick everyone would be calling for Vedvik. Then when Vedvik missed everyone would lose their poop.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

First missed kick everyone would be calling for Vedvik. Then when Vedvik missed everyone would lose their poop.

I just want him to punt, and would want Pace and Co to claim he has no chance of being the kicker. Fans are irrational though, so you're probably right. 

I didn't even want to trade for him before he went to MIN. Pineiro has been my guy since he was at FLA. I'm hoping fans get off his back soon and he proves he is the solution long-term.

Edited by Sugashane
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

I don't think so. He was already on thin ice after the pre-draft process. That he couldn't make a roster as a rookie 3rd round pick is pretty telling.

I don't think so either.  He's another whose Combine numbers predicted this.

There are quite a few SEC guys who stand out as college players but simply lack the stuff to become NFL starters or even backups.

I was never interested in Polite to begin with and I'm sure has hell not interested in him now.  Sign Vaughters to the PS and let him develop his overall game more there.

2 hours ago, soulman said:

I don't think so either.  He's another whose Combine numbers predicted this.

There are quite a few SEC guys who stand out as college players but simply lack the stuff to become NFL starters or even backups.

I was never interested in Polite to begin with and I'm sure has hell not interested in him now.  Sign Vaughters to the PS and let him develop his overall game more there.

I remember looking at his college tape when people were hyping him.  He never did anything except run by people.  Zero technique. Zero.

I remember blasting the FL coaches for that, but I am thinking now it was probably more him.   Some people just aren't good learners.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I remember looking at his college tape when people were hyping him.  He never did anything except run by people.  Zero technique. Zero.

I remember blasting the FL coaches for that, but I am thinking now it was probably more him.   Some people just aren't good learners.  

And many because they choose not to be.....in all walks of life.

I do understand what it's like to be 21 years old playing big time college ball and getting by on some kind of athletic ability alone but Polite and many others find that comes to a screeching halt at this level when even some of the worst prospects you face in camp and preseason are still better than the very best you faced in college.

It's a wake up call and some choose to take it while others roll over and go back to sleep saying it takes too much effort.

• Like 1