Cut Thread

LETSGOBROWNIES

27 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Definitely a possibility.

Not sure he isn’t the better punter, but the salary difference is notable.

Plus the Hammer would be under contract on the cheap for 3 years.

Yeah hammers long punts don’t have best hangtjme and his high punts aren’t that long.  But his ability to tackle kinda negates the first con.  Not to mention seems like the kid can learn.  He’s gonna be a pro punter.

6 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Yeah hammers long punts don’t have best hangtjme and his high punts aren’t that long.  But his ability to tackle kinda negates the first con.  Not to mention seems like the kid can learn.  He’s gonna be a pro punter.

That is true but he has shown enough raw ability that with more coaching, he should be better than Colquitt if it all works out.

I really like Colquitt, he has been a stud that when the offense sputtered, he was able to pin back offenses. I would hope that with this year, if the offense sputters, it will be in field goal range, so that makes him potentially less valuable. Maybe he can flip him to a team for a draft pick, one who doesnt want to risk waivers and missing out. Would love to turn him into the next Andy Lee for us lol 

I feel like for this team, I might want a punter who could flip field position. If the Browns get pinned deep and the offense goes conservative  for safety reasons and cant get past the 30, that the Hammer can come in and rocket the punt to the oppo 20. Which no returner will be ready to return, so while they are running it down, the gunners can get in position.

Colquitt is one of the best punters in the NFL and we want to compete and win. Keep him and practice squad the Scottish Hammer. We aren't a 3-13 team anymore and dont need to get cute prioritizing the young guys every time. Missing the playoffs because of punting mistakes would be the most Browns thing ever.

8 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

Colquitt is one of the best punters in the NFL and we want to compete and win. Keep him and practice squad the Scottish Hammer. We aren't a 3-13 team anymore and dont need to get cute prioritizing the young guys every time. Missing the playoffs because of punting mistakes would be the most Browns thing ever.

Na it’d be the most San Diego chargers thing ever

• Like 1