Cut Thread

LETSGOBROWNIES

I would prefer to not sign him long term to be honest. I suppose that ship already sailed but I hope we allow ourselves to get out of the deal after this year because odds are he is who he has always been in the NFL and we just masked it last year with Freddie's offense and Baker's quick decision making. It doesn't mean it won't work, we saw it work but if we can get the same effectiveness from some random 3rd round pick then I'd rather. Hopefully he has improved in the penalty area and blocking area because he is our best option in 2019.

Edited by Thomas5737

8 minutes ago, bruceb said:

More likely DePo.

Yup. This is the upside of having a bunch of nerds around. You know how this happened...

Someone in the FO: Man, I wish we could keep Drew Forbes through roster cuts so he could go on IR eligible to return.
Nerd overhearing: You know... 

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I would prefer to not sign him long term to be honest. I suppose that ship already sailed but I hope we allow ourselves to get out of the deal after this year because odds are he is who he has always been in the NFL and we just masked it last year with Freddie's offense and Baker's quick decision making. It doesn't mean it won't work, we saw it work but if we can get the same effectiveness from some random 3rd round pick then I'd rather. Hopefully he has improved in the penalty area and blocking area because he is our best option in 2019.

I’m assuming it will only be essentially a 2 year deal, which imo is fine as we still have 2-3 other OL positions we can address in the meantime.

20 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Yup. This is the upside of having a bunch of nerds around. You know how this happened...

Someone in the FO: Man, I wish we could keep Drew Forbes through roster cuts so he could go on IR eligible to return.
Nerd overhearing: You know... 

... we could make the most money by selling high resolution nude photos of the head cheerleader at the bottom of a pie tin covered in whipped cream. 

That's if you have a Booger. You're probably better off with a Lewis or Gilbert.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m assuming it will only be essentially a 2 year deal, which imo is fine as we still have 2-3 other OL positions we can address in the meantime.

2 year 10 million salary and 5 million signing bonus for 15 overall and a cap hit of 6.5 this year and a 2.5 million hit next year if he is cut/traded. That is my hope, that or better.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

... we could make the most money by selling high resolution nude photos of the head cheerleader at the bottom of a pie tin covered in whipped cream. 

That's if you have a Booger. You're probably better off with a Lewis or Gilbert.

Must not be a smart nerd considering we don't have cheerleaders.

Unless you consider our drum line to be "cheerleaders"...🤔...still don't know if smart...

Edited by Here'sJim
  • Like 1