Cut Thread

LETSGOBROWNIES

A few thing si dont like, we dont have much at te as a receiver outside of njoku. 

We dont have a fullback at all, devalve did well  there, I cant remember brown doing all that much. 

I guess we are going to run 3 wr, but we only have 5 of them. I feel like we are missing a skill player to give us flexibility on offense.

8 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

A few thing si dont like, we dont have much at te as a receiver outside of njoku. 

We dont have a fullback at all, devalve did well  there, I cant remember brown doing all that much. 

I guess we are going to run 3 wr, but we only have 5 of them. I feel like we are missing a skill player to give us flexibility on offense.

Calloway makes 6 in a month.

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

True, another issue, we dont jave much varied body type qorh out wrs, all around or under 6ft and around 200 pounds. 

Dorsey had a type.

I think Njoku fills the need for a big bodied red zone target, Higgins is a little taller....

All are big enough, not huge.

Not worried about it personally, they’re gonna murder dudes.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think Njoku fills the need for a big bodied red zone target, Higgins is a little taller....

All are big enough, not huge.

Not worried about it personally, they’re gonna murder dudes.

I agree they will be good, njoku aside from obj is our most important reciever. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrpazzo said:

I say it was really too soon to tell whether Sashi was a good evaluator.  One (his first) terrible draft is not enough time to tell.  Long ago there was a hall of fame control freak coach in Cleveland who in his second draft in 1992 gave us this glorious list of players.  

1) #9 Tommy Vardell FB, 2) #52 Patrick Rowe WR, 3) #65 Bill Johnson DT, 3) #78 Gerald Dixon LB, 6) #143 WR, 6) #163 George Williams DT, 7) #177 Selwyn Jones,  and some other guys in rounds 9 through 12 which are now undrafted free agents in todays nfl.

Yes I liked Sashi.  I know it has been debated to death and don't want to derail the thread.  I'm not tryin to convince those of you that have the opposite opinion.  I just think it gives a little perspective to see that Bill Belichick could have an awful draft in his 2nd year and go on to have the career he had.  

Touchdown Tommy Yeah!  (Old guy done reminiscing on the bad old days.  Carry on.)

Well reasoned post. Welcome back to the forum!

54 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

True, another issue, we dont jave much varied body type qorh out wrs, all around or under 6ft and around 200 pounds. 

Dorsey had a type.

why do we need a varied of body types for WR? Baker has the accuracy you want that you dont need to rely on a 50/50 ball. I dont care about size, I just want a guy who can play.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Njoku is going to be a key to the O if they incorporate him correctly.

I think it is more about matchups. With a LB on him yeah he should see a lot of receptions. If they put a hybrid safety on him it wouldn't be as good of a matchup. Another safety helping with OBJ, slot CB taking Landry, other outside CB on Higgins, then our best matchup would be the running back vs. LB. If they use 3 safeties like we do then Landry is the best matchup. At least when they are in man anyway. You probably would have better luck with zone against us and just hope Baker doesn't carve you up.

I don't think any one receiver will be key though unless teams are dumb. Well, maybe our receiving back/Chubb may be key because he will likely have the LB more than not.

16 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I think it is more about matchups. With a LB on him yeah he should see a lot of receptions. If they put a hybrid safety on him it wouldn't be as good of a matchup. Another safety helping with OBJ, slot CB taking Landry, other outside CB on Higgins, then our best matchup would be the running back vs. LB. If they use 3 safeties like we do then Landry is the best matchup. At least when they are in man anyway. You probably would have better luck with zone against us and just hope Baker doesn't carve you up.

I don't think any one receiver will be key though unless teams are dumb. Well, maybe our receiving back/Chubb may be key because he will likely have the LB more than not.

Until Baker gets comfortable reading defenses and coverages, I guarantee teams will run zone against us. Playing man-to-man would be suicide given the crossing routes + slants we’d run with OBJ and Jarvis.

15 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:
41 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Until Baker gets comfortable reading defenses and coverages, I guarantee teams will run zone against us. Playing man-to-man would be suicide given the crossing routes + slants we’d run with OBJ and Jarvis.

screen-shot-2017-05-25-at-6-35-25-am-149

He was fooled a few times last year, especially in the Texans game in the 1st half but yeah I think he is comfortable already. Defense's best hopes are really just Baker having an off day or abusing our O-Line.