Cut Thread

LETSGOBROWNIES

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Guessing they cut one of those guys when Calloway comes back?

That or one of the safeties... I don't think I've ever seen a defensive roster with 6 Safeties; 5 Linebackers; and 10 DL... In fact, I'd think one of them is soon to be cut anyway as we likely pull a CB that shakes loose from elsewhere unless they are counting Randall, Redwine, and Murray as part of their CB depth...

It's an interesting roster composition thus far to say the least.

• Like 1

Just now, Mind Character said:

That or one of the safeties... I don't think I've ever seen a defensive roster with 6 Safeties; 5 Linebackers; and 10 DL... In fact, I'd think one of them is soon to be cut anyway as we likely pull a CB that shakes loose from elsewhere unless they are counting Randall, Redwine, and Murray as part of their CB depth...

It's an interesting roster composition thus far to say the least.

Not too surprised with the safeties, I think we are gonna see a lot of 3 safety looks this year.  Plus they offer ST value.

6 is a lot though.

And yeah, a lot of the safeties can play CB in a pinch too.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Not too surprised with the safeties, I think we are gonna see a lot of 3 safety looks this year.  Plus they offer ST value.

6 is a lot though.

And yeah, a lot of the safeties can play CB in a pinch too.

Randall is our 3rd or 4th best corner st this stage, Murray played there last year. 

Good point.

Edited by Kiwibrown

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

There’s really no debating it. He was a terrible talent evaluator. Good at acquiring draft picks but horrible at using them. He’s no different than hinkie who couldn’t draft. 

I say it was really too soon to tell whether Sashi was a good evaluator.  One (his first) terrible draft is not enough time to tell.  Long ago there was a hall of fame control freak coach in Cleveland who in his second draft in 1992 gave us this glorious list of players.  

1) #9 Tommy Vardell FB, 2) #52 Patrick Rowe WR, 3) #65 Bill Johnson DT, 3) #78 Gerald Dixon LB, 6) #143 WR, 6) #163 George Williams DT, 7) #177 Selwyn Jones,  and some other guys in rounds 9 through 12 which are now undrafted free agents in todays nfl.

Yes I liked Sashi.  I know it has been debated to death and don't want to derail the thread.  I'm not tryin to convince those of you that have the opposite opinion.  I just think it gives a little perspective to see that Bill Belichick could have an awful draft in his 2nd year and go on to have the career he had.  

Touchdown Tommy Yeah!  (Old guy done reminiscing on the bad old days.  Carry on.)

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Justin Burris will gets waived when we make a claim right? What’s the purpose of a 6th safety?

Duke Johnson was a happy man entering today until Carlos Hyde joined the RB room again. 

Hyde should take much of dukes action. Unless they hired haley as a consultant.