Bills cut RB LeSean Mccoy

RaidersAreOne

29 minutes ago, Classic said:

Picking up a RB doesn't make sense though since we have Ekeler and Jackson that make a nice duo and we should be getting Gordon back sometime during the season.

If they get McCoy, they'd most likely be using it to have leverage over (or maybe even trade) Gordon. 

Also--I'm confused...didn't the Bills refuse to trade McCoy earlier in the off-season? 

55 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

If they get McCoy, they'd most likely be using it to have leverage over (or maybe even trade) Gordon. 

Also--I'm confused...didn't the Bills refuse to trade McCoy earlier in the off-season? 

Beane said that he didn't have a concrete offer for McCoy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

Beane said that he didn't have a concrete offer for McCoy.

Believable.  Definitely one of those cases where McCoy would have more value as a FA where you can set the price, than in a trade where he'd be pretty pricey in addition to the trade assets.  People aren't lining up to cough up assets for 31 year old RBs, only to pay them a fairly premium salary.

Edited by Tugboat

4 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Believable.  Definitely one of those cases where McCoy would have more value as a FA where you can set the price, than in a trade where he'd be pretty pricey in addition to the trade assets.  People aren't lining up to cough up assets for 31 year old RBs, only to pay them a fairly premium salary.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he is watching this season from his couch until someone goes down. There is not a huge market for 31 year old backs at all.