Rank the TE’s by tier

BillSabre

Really trying to see where everybody has TE ranked as it is such a crucial position by value but getting those top 3 will cost you. Trying to see if we can all agree on some of the later ones who could possibly be consistent.  Not game winners but certainly won’t lay eggs. 

On 8/31/2019 at 7:24 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

Really with TE’s I only have 3 tiers

Elite- Kelce, Kittle, Ertz

Weekly starter- OJ Howard, Evan Engram, Hunter Henry, Vance McDonald

Streamer- everybody else

if I didn’t get one of those top 7 I was probably the last person to pick a TE. 

Jared Cook should be in that weekly starter category. He's basically the Saints WR2

• Like 1

It’s weird. In most of my mock drafts and my general philosophy is to really wait on TE’s and stream. But in all of my actual drafts this season, I got someone in my top 2 tiers and just stupid good value that I couldn’t pass them up.

Hunter Henry in the late 8th

George Kittle at the 4/5 turn.

OJ Howard at the top of the 7th

Kelce at 22 overall 

Interesting how that works out sometimes 

1 hour ago, MrnastiesNO said:

The lack of T.J. Hockerson concerns me.  Outside of the top 5 he is the only pick worth gambling on to me. Fantasy draft is all about predictions and find that new star. 

Rookie tight ends are seldom fantasy relevant and honestly, largely a wasteland. In modern times, the best may have been Jeremy Shockey, who had almost 900 yards, but only 2 touchdowns and 74 receptions. You can argue that Evan Engram's rookie season in 2017 was one of the top 10 performances by a rookie tight end. He had 64 / 722 / 6, which is a respectable (Kelce's actual first year on the field was highly productive; he missed his entire rookie season, but in 2014 he had a really good year as his first year on the field).