Rank the TE’s by tier

BillSabre

5 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Huge as in he finishes as a top 3-5 TE when it's all said and done. As for sharing targets, I think the same can be said about the other two you mentioned, less so for Kittle. While I love the Eagles offense as a whole I think Ertz comes back down to Earth a bit with his absurd reception total. Jeffery, D Jax, and Agholor will see their share. And I think we see Goedert bleed into Ertz workload a bit. He's going to bust onto the scene eventually as he's too good to keep off the field.

Kittle is likely ticketed for regression as well. He's the only player to have 3 70 yard touchdowns last year...he's a tight end. Most tight ends never have a 70 yard touchdown in their career, let alone three, let alone three in the same season (and Kittle actually should have had 4, he dropped on the opening week against Minnesota that was an easy 80 yard touchdown). The offsetting part of that is he may see positive touchdown regression (only had 5 last year), but those are difficult to guestimate. 

• Like 1

Who do you like better out of these 3 in full ppr? 

Hooper, Hock, or Andrews?? 

Hooper - was waived and I picked him up today. Was an pro bowl and caught 71 passes, plays for the high powered Falcon offense. Just hitting his prime at age 24. However falcons have a lot of options in Julio, Freeman, Ridley, Sanu. Will he regress or have a better year. His adp was in the 9th round and people saying his is safe 

Mark Andrews- I drafted him super late(16th rounds) but I been reading he has been the star of ravens camp. He tore it up towards the end of last year when Lamar was the qb. The ravens offense should be run and play action pass to backs and tes. So Andrews should have a big year. He might be the first pass option since the ravens wideouts are so young and not established. However this could be a TE Time sure, as Hayden Hurst the former 1st round pick is finally healthy. I would assume ravens will want to play him a lot 

TJ Hockenson- I know rookie tes usually aren’t a factor. But could he be an outliner? He was drafted top ten which Gronk , Kelce weren’t ever drafted that high. Lions have a gunslinging qb and hock has been the star of camp. There is no clear wideouts in the passing game. Could jock suprise ?  

23 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Who do you like better out of these 3 in full ppr? 

Hooper, Hock, or Andrews?? 

Hooper - was waived and I picked him up today. Was an pro bowl and caught 71 passes, plays for the high powered Falcon offense. Just hitting his prime at age 24. However falcons have a lot of options in Julio, Freeman, Ridley, Sanu. Will he regress or have a better year. His adp was in the 9th round and people saying his is safe 

Mark Andrews- I drafted him super late(16th rounds) but I been reading he has been the star of ravens camp. He tore it up towards the end of last year when Lamar was the qb. The ravens offense should be run and play action pass to backs and tes. So Andrews should have a big year. He might be the first pass option since the ravens wideouts are so young and not established. However this could be a TE Time sure, as Hayden Hurst the former 1st round pick is finally healthy. I would assume ravens will want to play him a lot 

TJ Hockenson- I know rookie tes usually aren’t a factor. But could he be an outliner? He was drafted top ten which Gronk , Kelce weren’t ever drafted that high. Lions have a gunslinging qb and hock has been the star of camp. There is no clear wideouts in the passing game. Could jock suprise ?  

Probably Hooper. You could make a case for Andrews if you want as he has some really interesting tools and could be poised for a breakout type season, but really hard to say in an offense that figures to be extremely run heavy. Hooper probably has the safest floor and should be pretty consistent, though the upside is certainly capped. 

Hockenson I have no interest in whatsoever. I'm okay with missing out on him if he goes on (though I would of course monitor his progress through the season and put in a waiver claim if I like what I see). Kelce and Gronk weren't 10 top picks, no. But Vernon Davis (6th, 20 / 265 / 2) and Eric Ebron (25 / 248 / 1) were. The tight end position doesn't care if you were a top 10 pick or not. It's simply one of the hardest positions to transition from the college to nfl game. You have to look pass protection, blocking schemes in the run game, and your route tree. It's a lot. From a yardage perspective, the position is a wasteland for rookies (going back to my earlier post about Shockey and Engram). Others have had fantasy relevant seasons their rookie years, but also supported by good touchdown totals, which isn't something you should ever really bank on (particularly for a rookie). Gronk and Hernandez had fine rookie seasons all told for fantasy purposes (42-546-10 & 45-563-6). Both of those are largely replacement level seasons outside of the touchdowns. Furthermore, they played for the Pats. So there's a bit of a difference there. 

Secondarily, Stafford is a gunslinger currently only in that way where he makes questionable decisions by over valuing his physical tools. This is not the 2012 lions where they are just going to have him throw 700 times and let him put up 5000 yards and 40 touchdowns. Matt Patricia is basically neutering the offense and leaning far more on the run game then the lions ever did when Stafford was a youngster. This offense is essentially a very average passing offense - they were 14th in pass play percentage, 13th in passing plays per game, Stafford was 16th in yards, only l18th in touchdowns (and Dalton and Wentz, two guys who finished with the same amount, played only 11 games each). This isn't an offense you're going to rely on just throwing the football left and right to get Hockenson value based on volume. 

Also, they have very clear wide receivers. Babytron is a stud as NFL player (down on him in ppr fantasy leagues though), and Marvin Jones is still pretty competent as a wr2. The only guy they lost was Golden Tate, and they replaced him with Danny Amendola to run out of the slot. 

In a league with particularly deep rosters, I don't mind stashing him on the bench. Or if your league rules require you to carry 2. There's obvious upside there. But I wouldn't be taking a chance on him to start. 

• Like 1