Super Bowl picks

DontTazeMeBro

21 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Giants over Patriots. After crashing the Tom Brady retirement tour, Eli says "Ok, um. I think I'm going to go home." and retires before he even gets the Lombardi trophy.

And then Gisselle names their next child Eli.

29 minutes ago, scar988 said:

He doesn't the first year. He actually made it much worse the first season. IT wasn't til year 2. Sarkisian runs the same exact scheme, just different play calls and Matt Ryan gets more control at the line like what Manning used to. More RPO calls. I think Atlanta will be fine this year. Maybe not 33PPG, but I could see 30PPG.

Hope so, coz I drafted Matty R. :D

13 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

You don't think the lack of Shannahan brings ATL down a bit? 

Not really i think he is a good coodinator but i also think Sark is a really brilliant coordinator as well and we pretty much kept the exact same scheme that our guys have already run under Shanny.  The big difference is Ryan can now check out of plays that he thinks needs to be checked out of and can control the game a bit more.  He didn't really have this luxury under Shanny much and it bit us in the azz in the SB.  Ryan supposedly was heard yelling at some of the coaches on the sideline to run the &*%^ Ball about mid way into the 4th quarter to eat up more clock.  But Shanny kept calling passing plays over and over.   Now i will say i think you will see a bit of a step back from last year we might lose a point or 2 a game and finish in the top 3 to 5 on offense but thats still more than good enough if our defense improves as much as i think it is going too with all the guys we added.

The road to the SB, in the AFC will go through NE.  They got better in the off season and play in a division with two teams that are tanking and one that is on IR.

I think the Falcons have gotten better as well.

Pats vs Falcons repeat with Falcons winning.

since the game is in Minnesota, there are only 3 teams that could possible make it in the NFC:

Green Bay

Seattle 

New Orleans

and because they play in the NFC, they will play the role of the Vikings, where they will embarrass themselves to no end. therefore:

New England Patriots over Green Bay Packers

4 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

since the game is in Minnesota, there are only 3 teams that could possible make it in the NFC:

Green Bay

Seattle 

New Orleans

and because they play in the NFC, they will play the role of the Vikings, where they will embarrass themselves to no end. therefore:

New England Patriots over Green Bay Packers

I'm confused as to why those are the only 3 teams. Did 1998 not happen? You did pick teams that embarrassed the Vikings, right?

On 9/6/2017 at 2:34 PM, scar988 said:

He doesn't the first year. He actually made it much worse the first season. IT wasn't til year 2. Sarkisian runs the same exact scheme, just different play calls and Matt Ryan gets more control at the line like what Manning used to. More RPO calls. I think Atlanta will be fine this year. Maybe not 33PPG, but I could see 30PPG.

I mean, that would still be incredible.  It could happen, but i'll be pretty surprised if Matt Ryan can match that outrageous TD% from last year.  He's a career 4.7% guy (including last year), and posted a whopping 7.1% last year.

We've all seen great runs like this for a season, and they make it look so easy you think how could it not happen again the next year?  Well, little things tend to put an end to that kind of efficiency.  An injury here or there, turnover with the backups, etc.  30 PPG is doable, but that still would have led the league last year.  I think a regression to 26-27 is more reasonable a prediction.  And that's still a damn good offense.  Just not the league blazing offense we saw last year.

Archived