Super Bowl picks

DontTazeMeBro

Just now, theJ said:

I mean, that would still be incredible.  It could happen, but i'll be pretty surprised if Matt Ryan can match that outrageous TD% from last year.  He's a career 4.7% guy (including last year), and posted a whopping 7.1% last year.

We've all seen great runs like this for a season, and they make it look so easy you think how could it not happen again the next year?  Well, little things tend to put an end to that kind of efficiency.  An injury here or there, turnover with the backups, etc.  30 PPG is doable, but that still would have led the league last year.  I think a regression to 26-27 is more reasonable a prediction.  And that's still a damn good offense.  Just not the league blazing offense we saw last year.

Then there's teams like the Greatest show on turf who keep all of the important pieces together for 3-4 years and do post up the ridiculous stats like that. I think this particular iteration of the Falcons can break 30 PPG again.

2 hours ago, scar988 said:

I'm confused as to why those are the only 3 teams. Did 1998 not happen? You did pick teams that embarrassed the Vikings, right?

If that were the case, you could pick every team in the NFC then.

You're partially right. Its teams that would cause us the most embarrassment

Steelers finally manage to overthrow New England in the AFC after years of being the bridesmaids.

NFC is wide open, literally any one of about half the conference could make it. I'm gonna go with the Panthers because they've got an easy schedule so I could see them being the #1 seed then protecting their homefield in January.

Steelers 27-23 Panthers.

4 hours ago, theJ said:

I mean, that would still be incredible.  It could happen, but i'll be pretty surprised if Matt Ryan can match that outrageous TD% from last year.  He's a career 4.7% guy (including last year), and posted a whopping 7.1% last year.

We've all seen great runs like this for a season, and they make it look so easy you think how could it not happen again the next year?  Well, little things tend to put an end to that kind of efficiency.  An injury here or there, turnover with the backups, etc.  30 PPG is doable, but that still would have led the league last year.  I think a regression to 26-27 is more reasonable a prediction.  And that's still a damn good offense.  Just not the league blazing offense we saw last year.

Truthfully i think it has less to do with Shanny or Sark and a ton more to do with Alex Mack.  Last year was the 1st year Ryan has had a O-line that  anyone could call average or above avg.  With Mack leading the Line and making all the reads and calls it allowed ryan to worry about just what he needs to do.   Everyone knows ryans 2 biggest strengths would be his accuracy even more so on timing routes and his intelligence.  So if you give him enough time he can and will pick you apart most of the time and has his whole career.   It's no coincidence that his worst season in a long time came when he had Mike Person rolling the balls back to him from center and ryan having to make most of the o-line calls as well.

4 hours ago, jonnguy2015 said:

I think it will be Patriots v. Seahawks. 

The NFC will be a three-way race between the Hawks, Packers, and Falcons. Maybe the Cowboys if the Zeke suspension doesn't hurt them that much

don't sleep on the Giants. I like the Giants more than both the Hawks and Falcons for sure.

Archived