Chiefs trade RB Carlos Hyde to Texans for T Martinas Rankins

RaidersAreOne

Okay, so I'm assuming that Rankins has struggled (though I wonder if they have tried him at Center? That's where i thought he should be in the NFL when evaluating him), but Hyde is the very definition of JAG. And he may not even be that at this point. 

• Like 1

Just now, candyman93 said:

Lol Texans got every 2018 Browns runningback except the actual good one.

we traded you that pick for taking Brock Osweiler, to save money to sign Clowney I'll have you know #4dChess

• Like 10

Just now, candyman93 said:

Lol Texans got every 2018 Browns runningback except the actual good one.

The one you drafted with our 2nd round pick, no less. The symmetry of this is just too much.

Rankins simply wasn't good. The Texans OL was at its worst last season when Rankins was in the lineup, and things improved once Rankins was benched in favor of Kendall Lamm.

It's a scathing indictment on BOB and his inability to develop OL, as Rankins was a 3rd round pick last season. I'm partly expecting KC to turn him into a Pro Bowler.

Carlos Hyde is trash.

• Like 5

Just now, ET80 said:

The one you drafted with our 2nd round pick, no less. The symmetry of this is just too much.

Rankins simply wasn't good. The Texans OL was at its worst last season when Rankins was in the lineup, and things improved once Rankins was benched in favor of Kendall Lamm.

It's a scathing indictment on BOB and his inability to develop OL, as Rankins was a 3rd round pick last season. I'm partly expecting KC to turn him into a Pro Bowler.

Carlos Hyde is trash.

Where did you guys play him? I didn't think he ever projected as a tackle. Didn't love him as a guard, though I thought he could work there. I did like him as a potential center. 

Just now, ET80 said:

Carlos Hyde is trash.

I shouldn’t diss Duke. You will like what he contributes. Just not as a #1 back.

Just now, Forge said:

Where did you guys play him? I didn't think he ever projected as a tackle. Didn't love him as a guard, though I thought he could work there. I did like him as a potential center. 

He got time in at LT (major disaster) RT (pretty bad disaster) and LG (pretty bad disaster). I honestly haven't seen him this entire off-season.