Chiefs trade RB Carlos Hyde to Texans for T Martinas Rankins

RaidersAreOne

To be honest I don't believe Rankin is as bad as he's made out to be. The real culprit of that O line is Mike Devlin, he hasn't groomed/improved not one player on that offensive line since he came on board yet he gets a standing round of approval from O'Brien for a job well done. It doesn't matter who have on the line this unit will suck as long as we have these jokers in office. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jaytrajik said:

To be honest I don't believe Rankin is as bad as he's made out to be. The real culprit of that O line is Mike Devlin, he hasn't groomed/improved not one player on that offensive line since he came on board yet he gets a standing round of approval from O'Brien for a job well done. It doesn't matter who have on the line this unit will suck as long as we have these jokers in office. 

i love thinking about how XSF is now starting for the Cowboys /s

Edited by tab

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Okay, so I'm assuming that Rankins has struggled (though I wonder if they have tried him at Center? That's where i thought he should be in the NFL when evaluating him), but Hyde is the very definition of JAG. And he may not even be that at this point. 

Yeah...i'm curious if Rankins wouldn't look better at Center.  I liked him coming out, and that seemed like the best spot for him to me too.

In any case, getting anything for Hyde is pretty good value tbh.  At least the Texans will probably actually hand Hyde the ball a few times, unlike when the Jaguars made a stupid panic trade for him when Fournette was injured, only to end up not even really using him at all.  But he's really not worth anything...unless you're desperate for a 2-down grinder like the Texans i suppose.

5 hours ago, Jaytrajik said:

texans never gave him a real chance either.  they were dumb for putting him at tackle in the first place when its clear he would fare better inside as a guard or center.  i wouldnt be surprised if he does good with the chiefs. 

25 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

texans never gave him a real chance either.  they were dumb for putting him at tackle in the first place when its clear he would fare better inside as a guard or center.  i wouldnt be surprised if he does good with the chiefs. 

Sounds like we’re going to work him as a Tackle first.    Doubt he sees the field at all this year anyways. 

44 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

He's pretty tall for C, but RT and OG are good fits. What I heard is that he was too quiet, as in not emotionally involved at all. He should work well in the Chiefs space oriented scheme, but as a back up for now.