Chargers LT Russell Okung to miss at least 6 weeks with blood clot

RaidersAreOne

31 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Chargers have some uh...problems.  No LT, no star Safety, a bell cow RB holding out.  Not a good recipe for success, and Rivers is gonna have a bad time.

Only one concerning is LT. We'll see what happens there. If they pick someone up or someone steps up. Rivers can mask a bad oline as good as anyone.

Derwin is amazing and elite. But Chargers are insanely deep at secondary. They will be fine til he comes back.

Chargers have good young versatile backs. i think Gordon might be back soon. Even if he's not, i dont think it will hurt. Chargers went 4-0 without him last year.

The Okung one is the most concerning. Also, very possible all are back and playing by week 9 or 10. 

• Like 1

Hopefully this isn't career threatening and he will eventually be back to 'normal'.  Whenever I see blood clots, I think of Chris Bosh and how Bosh's clearly HoF career was cut short.  Guy was going to be a no-brainer HoFer in the basketball HoF.  Maybe he still gets in, I'm not sure.  But blood clots def took years away from his career.

17 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Only one concerning is LT. We'll see what happens there. If they pick someone up or someone steps up. Rivers can mask a bad oline as good as anyone.

Derwin is amazing and elite. But Chargers are insanely deep at secondary. They will be fine til he comes back.

Chargers have good young versatile backs. i think Gordon might be back soon. Even if he's not, i dont think it will hurt. Chargers went 4-0 without him last year.

The Okung one is the most concerning. Also, very possible all are back and playing by week 9 or 10. 

That's true.  Rivers is a master at getting the ball out before the OLine can even botch things too badly.  xD  Still seems like that team is starting things off with a whimper, backing into the season with some significant injuries and holdouts.

2 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Chargers have some uh...problems.  No LT, no star Safety, a bell cow RB holding out.  Not a good recipe for success, and Rivers is gonna have a bad time.

3 of the Chargers first 4 games are against Dolphins, Lions, Colts so maybe they can keep the ship steady.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tugboat said:

That's true.  Rivers is a master at getting the ball out before the OLine can even botch things too badly.  xD  Still seems like that team is starting things off with a whimper, backing into the season with some significant injuries and holdouts.

Yeah i usually hate teams going into the season with "noise" but we'll see. Starting the season with injuries is nothing new for the ChargIRs. You cant spell Chargers without ER..

It’s not unexpected. At this point I’d be surprised if Okung plays again. That’s some serious juju to deal with health wise. Chargers has one of the worst offensive lines in the league last year and still managed to win a playoff game so the ship isn’t sunk but it’s definitely taken in a bit of water. 

Gordon is a luxury player. He’s nice to have but isn’t necessary to keep the offense on track. 

Derwin hurts. You don’t just next guy up a budding superstar. Luckily he should make a full recovery though and if the team stays in a good position while he is out it will be like a adrenaline shot when he returns.