College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Bama and Clemson look loaded again.

Really curious to see what actual picks we have in 2020.

2020 NFL DRAFT

First round: Own pick.

Second round: Own pick.

Third round: Own pick.

Fourth round: Own pick; Texans conditional pick (via Duke Johnson trade).

Fifth round: No picks.

Sixth round: Cardinals pick (via Jamar Taylor trade).

Seventh round: Own pick; Bills pick (via Corey Coleman trade).

McCary was a 7th round swap so if we finish with a better record then Green Bay nothing would happen. Still waiting word on what we gave up for Taywan Taylor? Correction looks like it's a 2020 7th rounder for Taywan Taylor. https://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2019/8/31/20841449/titans-trade-taywan-taylor-to-browns-for-2020-draft-pick

Edited by Horseunit
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, Horseunit said:

2020 NFL DRAFT

First round: Own pick.

Second round: Own pick.

Third round: Own pick.

Fourth round: Own pick; Texans conditional pick (via Duke Johnson trade).

Fifth round: No picks.

Sixth round: Cardinals pick (via Jamar Taylor trade).

Seventh round: Own pick; Bills pick (via Corey Coleman trade).

McCary was a 7th round swap so if we finish with a better record then Green Bay nothing would happen. Still waiting word on what we gave up for Taywan Taylor? Correction looks like it's a 2020 7th rounder for Taywan Taylor. https://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2019/8/31/20841449/titans-trade-taywan-taylor-to-browns-for-2020-draft-pick

Plenty to work with.

Allow me to be the first to advocate for a trade down though.

• Like 1

I think at this stage it is a little bit hard to project which way we are going to go in the draft. I think a lot of it will be based on what we keep going into next season with our expiring contracts. There could be some real needs  on the OL, linebacker depending on how they feel about the rookies, etc. Plus when you are picking 32nd, it’s hard to know what will be there and you want to just get a good player that can help you...

3 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I think at this stage it is a little bit hard to project which way we are going to go in the draft. I think a lot of it will be based on what we keep going into next season with our expiring contracts. There could be some real needs  on the OL, linebacker depending on how they feel about the rookies, etc. Plus when you are picking 32nd, it’s hard to know what will be there and you want to just get a good player that can help you...

As much as I hate to say it, OL has to be the front runner now.

80% of the line is unsettled long term.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

As much as I hate to say it, OL has to be the front runner now.

80% of the line is unsettled long term.

I think your right on the fact a lone, the Browns can at least get their starting LT on a rookie wage scale. Which would be huge for the cap. At this moment tackle position seems to be pretty deep but who knows how guys play out, get hurt, or return back to school

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I think your right on the fact a lone, the Browns can at least get their starting LT on a rookie wage scale. Which would be huge for the cap. At this moment tackle position seems to be pretty deep but who knows how guys play out, get hurt, or return back to school

Hopefully Robinson plays well and they can kick that can down the road a couple of seasons and perhaps sign Tretter to a one year deal.

That leaves the right side to address. Maybe Teller or Forbes is something?

Either way, I’ve lost all faith in Corbett at this point and Hubbard is expensive for what he is.  I wouldn’t be shocked if we burn two picks days 1 and 2 on OL tbh.

19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Hopefully Robinson plays well and they can kick that can down the road a couple of seasons and perhaps sign Tretter to a one year deal.

That leaves the right side to address. Maybe Teller or Forbes is something?

Either way, I’ve lost all faith in Corbett at this point and Hubbard is expensive for what he is.  I wouldn’t be shocked if we burn two picks days 1 and 2 on OL tbh.

I think it be smarter to draft a LT, cap wise. If Robinson plays well, he is prolly going to ask for a nice chunk of change. only way I would feel comforable bring him back on a sizeable contract would be if he was playing at a pro bowl/all pro level. I just dont think he that ability. His hands are way too bad. 

I think Hubbard is gone after the year. They can save $4m by cutting him after the season.

I was thinking with JCT, maybe franchise tag him cause the center value cant be that high but I think all linemen get lumped together. 

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I think it be smarter to draft a LT, cap wise. If Robinson plays well, he is prolly going to ask for a nice chunk of change. only way I would feel comforable bring him back on a sizeable contract would be if he was playing at a pro bowl/all pro level. I just dont think he that ability. His hands are way too bad. 

I don’t disagree, but it’s a tough spot to toss an unproven rookie out there at and expect he play well.

I think Hubbard is gone after the year. They can save $4m by cutting him after the season.

You’d think, but they’re gonna need a viable alternative.

I was thinking with JCT, maybe franchise tag him cause the center value cant be that high but I think all linemen get lumped together. 

Dunno what the market would be for him.  He’s solid, but nothing great.  It really sucks Corbett has been so gawdawful.