Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
candyman93

2020 College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

Recommended Posts

I honestly hope that we pick 3 OL with our first 4 picks. RT, RG, depth, and potentially even the LT are problems going forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I could see us drafting LT in first 

I think that be the smartest thing to do. Get your franchise LT on a rookie deal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, buno67 said:

I think that be the smartest thing to do. Get your franchise LT on a rookie deal

Then go RG in the second, find one with a nasty streak. Not stupid like Robinson. Just someone who likes to finish blocks with authority 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I had control over the draft next year I wouldn't even look at any player that isn't:

RT, RG, LT, TE, DB. 

Not sure if we'll have the dough for FA or willingness to deal picks and players, but gotta get a high profile guy in at one of the tackle spots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Reginaldm9 said:

RT, RG, LT, TE, DB. 

Linebacker. We need a superstar LBer that can cover up some of the mistakes that get made in gap fits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Then go RG in the second, find one with a nasty streak. Not stupid like Robinson. Just someone who likes to finish blocks with authority 

u mean wyatt teller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Linebacker. We need a superstar LBer that can cover up some of the mistakes that get made in gap fits.

If I knew anything about football, I'd argue that it's a scheme dependent need and I don't trust Wilks to be here next year. But I don't so I won't. 

Edited by Reginaldm9
dlajd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mistakey said:

u mean wyatt teller

If he proves to be starting quality that would be great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve got a feeling he will be the first TE drafted, but I really like Jared Pinkney from Vanderbilt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Linebacker. We need a superstar LBer that can cover up some of the mistakes that get made in gap fits.

Isaiah Simmons?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Isaiah Simmons?

I don't think he's a SUPERSTAR. He's a very good OLB prospect, but he can't galvanize a defense and bail out other defenders at the level that a guy like Luke Kuechly or Bobby Wagner can. I don't know if anyone in the draft this year is that kind of guy though to be honest. Those game changing linebackers are incredibly rare. I'd trade some picks to get Kuechly if we could swing that deal with Carolina somehow. I know he has a bad injury history and is getting up there in age, but he's exactly what this defense needs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don't think he's a SUPERSTAR. He's a very good OLB prospect, but he can't galvanize a defense and bail out other defenders at the level that a guy like Luke Kuechly or Bobby Wagner can. I don't know if anyone in the draft this year is that kind of guy though to be honest. Those game changing linebackers are incredibly rare. I'd trade some picks to get Kuechly if we could swing that deal with Carolina somehow. I know he has a bad injury history and is getting up there in age, but he's exactly what this defense needs.

Depending on the price, I would be all for this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Until this team Proves me otherwise I’m putting the first 2 rounds of my 2020 draft in cement

1. Tristan Wirfs OT Iowa

2. Jared Pinkney TE Vandy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×