Sign in to follow this  
candyman93

2020 College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

I honestly hope that we pick 3 OL with our first 4 picks. RT, RG, depth, and potentially even the LT are problems going forward.

11 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I could see us drafting LT in first 

I think that be the smartest thing to do. Get your franchise LT on a rookie deal

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

I think that be the smartest thing to do. Get your franchise LT on a rookie deal

Then go RG in the second, find one with a nasty streak. Not stupid like Robinson. Just someone who likes to finish blocks with authority 

If I had control over the draft next year I wouldn't even look at any player that isn't:

RT, RG, LT, TE, DB. 

Not sure if we'll have the dough for FA or willingness to deal picks and players, but gotta get a high profile guy in at one of the tackle spots. 

4 hours ago, Reginaldm9 said:

RT, RG, LT, TE, DB. 

Linebacker. We need a superstar LBer that can cover up some of the mistakes that get made in gap fits.

12 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Then go RG in the second, find one with a nasty streak. Not stupid like Robinson. Just someone who likes to finish blocks with authority 

u mean wyatt teller

28 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Linebacker. We need a superstar LBer that can cover up some of the mistakes that get made in gap fits.

If I knew anything about football, I'd argue that it's a scheme dependent need and I don't trust Wilks to be here next year. But I don't so I won't. 

Edited by Reginaldm9
dlajd

3 hours ago, mistakey said:

u mean wyatt teller

If he proves to be starting quality that would be great

I’ve got a feeling he will be the first TE drafted, but I really like Jared Pinkney from Vanderbilt.

19 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Isaiah Simmons?

23 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Isaiah Simmons?

I don't think he's a SUPERSTAR. He's a very good OLB prospect, but he can't galvanize a defense and bail out other defenders at the level that a guy like Luke Kuechly or Bobby Wagner can. I don't know if anyone in the draft this year is that kind of guy though to be honest. Those game changing linebackers are incredibly rare. I'd trade some picks to get Kuechly if we could swing that deal with Carolina somehow. I know he has a bad injury history and is getting up there in age, but he's exactly what this defense needs.

8 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don't think he's a SUPERSTAR. He's a very good OLB prospect, but he can't galvanize a defense and bail out other defenders at the level that a guy like Luke Kuechly or Bobby Wagner can. I don't know if anyone in the draft this year is that kind of guy though to be honest. Those game changing linebackers are incredibly rare. I'd trade some picks to get Kuechly if we could swing that deal with Carolina somehow. I know he has a bad injury history and is getting up there in age, but he's exactly what this defense needs.

Depending on the price, I would be all for this

Until this team Proves me otherwise I’m putting the first 2 rounds of my 2020 draft in cement

1. Tristan Wirfs OT Iowa

2. Jared Pinkney TE Vandy