College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

This is a relatively weak draft. I wouldn't mind trading down for future picks depending on how the board falls. Especially outside of R1. There is not a lot of talent in the 32-70 range in the draft. That's where the worst value will be in this class IMO. If Biadasz or a random surprise slip doesn't happen with our 2nd rounder, get out of there and nab a 1st in 2021.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Daniel Jeremiah with a wild Mock Draft that's going to start to set people's beliefs regarding prospects.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001097592/article/daniel-jeremiah-2020-nfl-mock-draft-10-four-qbs-in-top-15

Wild Highlights:

1.) Mekhi Becton the 1st Tackle off the Board going 4th to the Giants

2.) Tristan Wirfs "slide him inside at Guard; he struggles in space; all pro-Guard."

3.) We miss out on the best Tackle in the draft Wills but Andrew Thomas is available for us at 10.

5.) Jordan Love goes before Justin Herbert.

------

I know some of us see Wills as OT1 while others see Andrew Thomas as OT1. I also know soon opinions will trend toward seeing Becton as OT1.

I'm team trade-up for Jedrick Wills Jr., and I will be until the day of the draft. Perfect ZBS Tackle; Amazing MBS Tackle.

I checked it yesterday also.....a couple things is that Mekhi Becton being the first OT off the board does not surprise me...he was my #3 OT until very recent with the Love that @Mind Character show's Willis, I moved him to my #3 and Becton down to my 3B. With Thomas and Wirffs still my 1a and 1b.

I was surprised at the Kicking Wirfs inside to OG....I know you said it a while back...but I really thought "Only if he fails on the Outside which I dont see happening."

The Jordan Love getting picked before Herbert is the only things I think made of Nonsense. I know a LOT of folks were loving this kid heading into the season...I watching him twice and was not really impressed....He's got tools...but so did Blake Bortles and Jake Locker......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Re: Mingo 

I liked Mingo as a prospect. He was so darn explosive and long. I was upset we were never able to add weight onto his frame.

Re: Gilbert 

He was always a dud. I don't know why we took an off zone cornerback with a top 10 pick in a draft loaded with studs. Terrible selection that broke my heart.

Re: TRich

I didn't mind the selection and I thought he'd be good, but I never thought he was some type of superstar. I don't think he was really that fast. He had great subtle moves in traffic, but fast? I always questioned that. The vision, which was apparently his downfall, was never able to be on display at Alabama because their OL destroyed people. T-Rich was never on my bust radar, but he was also not someone I was in love with. I wanted Justin Blackmon. Turns out either one was the draft equivalent of slipping in dog feces and landing right in a puddle of herpe pus.

• Like 3

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

I liked Mingo as a prospect. He was so darn explosive and long. I was upset we were never able to add weight onto his frame.

I did too.  It was a turd of a draft all around.

He was always a dud. I don't know why we took an off zone cornerback with a top 10 pick in a draft loaded with studs. Terrible selection that broke my heart.

I wanted a half dozen guys.  I liked Evans a lot iirc.

I didn't mind the selection and I thought he'd be good, but I never thought he was some type of superstar. I don't think he was really that fast. He had great subtle moves in traffic, but fast? I always questioned that. The vision, which was apparently his downfall, was never able to be on display at Alabama because their OL destroyed people. T-Rich was never on my bust radar, but he was also not someone I was in love with. I wanted Justin Blackmon. Turns out either one was the draft equivalent of slipping in dog feces and landing right in a puddle of herpe pus.

I wanted RGIII and later (after the Skins traded up) Tannehill.  Iirc me and @DawgX about the only ones 😂 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I did too.  It was a turd of a draft all around.

I wanted a half dozen guys.  I liked Evans a lot iirc.

I wanted RGIII and later (after the Skins traded up) Tannehill.  Iirc me and @DawgX about the only ones 😂 

Yep I was one of those high on Tannehill. 🤫

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Same with all of this. When Gilbert was picked my buddy and I went “who in the?”

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Seems like a really great draft for OL.  

Really warming up to the idea of double dipping R1 and R2.

Jedrick Willls Jr., OT Alabama + Robert Hunt, RT Louisiana-Lafayette.

PGAD spreads throughout the City .. Societal functions come to a halt because the masses cannot even walk due to PGAD (Persistent genital arousal disorder)

The Dream of Dreams .... 1st time in forever two rookie starters get elected to the Pro-Bowl year 1 ...

... ehh ... who am I kidding... we're going to take Grant Delpit at 10 to the grand applause of the masses...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Seems like a really great draft for OL.  

Really warming up to the idea of double dipping R1 and R2.

Evidently Ben Bartch has been looking really good at the senior bowl. 

Might not be a bad idea to trade down and pick up one of these guys that are a 1b type tackle. Only for a first next year or I don’t do it. BPA at 10 IF one of the top tackles isn’t there. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Jedrick Willls Jr., OT Alabama + Robert Hunt, RT Louisiana-Lafayette.

PGAD spreads throughout the City .. Societal functions come to a halt because the masses cannot even walk due to PGAD (Persistent genital arousal disorder)

The Dream of Dreams .... 1st time in forever two rookie starters get elected to the Pro-Bowl year 1 ...

... ehh ... who am I kidding... we're going to take Grant Delpit at 10 to the grand applause of the masses...

My original dream, was getting Thomas in round 1, Kinlaw in round 2 (but seems folks found out about him) and Bekton in round 3 (then folks found out about him LOL).

Now my dream...well....logical dream.....getting Wirfs or Tomas in round 1, Greenlaw in round 2 (was Bekton, but after D.J's mock draft yesterday, I think thats a pipe dream now), and that FS from Lenor-Ryne in round 3 with the OT Jones (houston) or Adams (Wash)....

• Like 3

From @trd... some info from ‘98-‘18.

“10th :: 6 Pro Bowlers 22 Pro Bowls 6 All Pros 8 Times
15th :: 10 Pro Bowlers 22 Pro Bowls 3 All Pros 4 Times
20th :: 4 Pro Bowlers 15 Pro Bowls 2 All Pros 2 Times(Some how Brandin Cooks never made a pro bowl)

Looking at the names even the non pro bowlers at pick 15 and 20 seem to have more success at a higher rate than 10. Great role players, long careers ect.

Trading down has never been bad(assuming you stay in Top 45) the player evaluation has been bad.”