College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

47 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

Cool - moving on then. Thanks for 411  - I hadn't seen enough of him to know

In the end, you have to trust your eyes and believe what you see; if that's what you saw and felt then trust it as long as your evaluation is evidenced based.

You could be right when it's all said and done (but likely he's buttcheeks).

Those are just my personal evaluations on his play after watching many games.

In the end, it will be interesting to see where the league values him. I think he goes late 2nd or early 3rd.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

@Mind Character I feel the same about Weaver.

Kenny Iwebema is who he reminds me of. Great college player, no NFL traits. I don’t think he’ll bust, but he’s just not that good. A ton of his production comes from bad OL play and hustle. He isn’t big, isn’t powerful, and unlike Willekes who has the same problems, Weaver doesn’t have a wide range of pass rush moves. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

: and then what will happen if the Browns draft Curtis Weaver in the 2nd to play LDE?

Then all is lost and Andrew Berry is not the hero we deserved or the hero we needed ...

Andrew Thomas in the 1st and Curtis Weaver in the 2nd would launch me into the disappointed browns fan nether-realm where I'd have to fight my way its heartland in order to slay the dark entity wielding influence over the mind of Andrew Berry... only then can our draft find success and we and Andrew Berry be set free from the madness..

3 hours ago, HH650 said:

Mind Character:  what will happen if the Browns draft Wirfs and make him left tackle?

he'll go on to struggle for a year and a half before the team decides to kick him in at guard or move him to the right side....

... hopefully by that time is confidence wouldn't have withered completely away

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Then all is lost and Andrew Berry is not the hero we deserved or the hero we needed ...

Andrew Thomas in the 1st and Curtis Weaver in the 2nd would launch me into the disappointed browns fan nether-realm where I'd have to fight my way its heartland in order to slay the dark entity wielding influence over the mind of Andrew Berry... only then can our draft find success and we and Andrew Berry be set free from the madness..

he'll go on to struggle for a year and a half before the team decides to kick him in at guard or move him to the right side....

... hopefully by that time is confidence wouldn't have withered completely away

Now do Hunter Bryant with pick 74 and Evan Weaver with our late third.

Edited by NudeTayne
😇

11 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Now do Hunter Bryant with pick 74 and Evan Weaver with our late third.

who's ready for Grant Delpit at 10 and Curtis Weaver at 74 ...

--OR--

K'lavon Chaisson at 10 and Ashtyn Davis at 74 ...

...then to come on here and read posts like, "I like it we got a top safety and a top end to play with Myles...." ...

... darkness will sweep the land....

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Paging @MSURacerDT55

No particular order:

1.Josh Uche - I am absolutely in love with is game and versatility. Even though he is 6'2 255, he plays way bigger and is a plus athlete. In a even front, he could easily be a Yannick Ngakoue/Frank Clark/Melvin Ingram type of guy.

2. Julian Okwara - Athletic upside, smells of Emmanuel Ogbah

3. Johnathan Greenard - Natural pass rusher, but injury prone. Super talented though 

4. Bradlee Anae - I liken this guy to Sam Hubbard above average athlete, really good technique and effort. Also pretty instinctual 

5. Bryce Huff - bigger Genard Avery, love this guy 

6. Alton Robinson - Really like him, physical, pretty decent moving athlete and has really good technique. Has a Charles Johnson feel to his game

7. Curtis Weaver - Outstanding technique, really savvy football player, not a good athlete at all but enough to bend around the corner. He smells of Terrell Suggs, I think they may not do much explosion training, that combine training alone could help him as player moving forward, plus his testing will be critical at the combine 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

No particular order:

1.Josh Uche - I am absolutely in love with is game and versatility. Even though he is 6'2 255, he plays way bigger and is a plus athlete. In a even front, he could easily be a Yannick Ngakoue/Frank Clark/Melvin Ingram type of guy.

2. Julian Okwara - Athletic upside, smells of Emmanuel Ogbah

3. Johnathan Greenard - Natural pass rusher, but injury prone. Super talented though 

4. Bradlee Anae - I liken this guy to Sam Hubbard above average athlete, really good technique and effort. Also pretty instinctual 

5. Bryce Huff - bigger Genard Avery, love this guy 

6. Alton Robinson - Really like him, physical, pretty decent moving athlete and has really good technique. Has a Charles Johnson feel to his game

7. Curtis Weaver - Outstanding technique, really savvy football player, not a good athlete at all but enough to bend around the corner. He smells of Terrell Suggs, I think they may not do much explosion training, that combine training alone could help him as player moving forward, plus his testing will be critical at the combine 

It's a rough rough DE-class filled with Nate Orchard-types from top to bottom that will be pissing away 2nd and 3rd round picks down the drain as most are all just replacement level players that front offices will be looking too upgrade on right away. None to me have any real staying power.

Uche in his wide-9 and low leverage snaps exposed some of the leverage and balance flaws in Wirfs game at the Tackle position.

He's a nice player who plays with the dog in 'em but doesn't have the rare twitch gifting or length of Ingram, Clark, and Ngakoue. Like Bradlee Anae I think his best chance at success is going to be at 34-OLB. He'll be a quality pick-up in the later rounds. Anae doesn't have the length and size of Hubbard, and I think both Anae and Uche would struggle as 43-down-DE's at the next level.

Of that list, Julian Okwara is the only one that has a chance to be a quality impact DE starter at some point. Ogbah's film was all one note in college while Okwara has far more bully ball dog dominant snaps against quality opponents than Ogbah; however, Okwara also has lower lows and too many snaps where he's not engaged. The next level ability is there though.