College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

44 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

2. Julian Okwara - Athletic upside, smells of Emmanuel Ogbah

I don't see the Ogbah comparison. Okwara is light in the pants. Ogbah was a big dude coming out of OK State and was pretty damn good against the run. I think Okwara could be a very good edge rusher though. I think he goes in the late 1st.

44 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

3. Johnathan Greenard - Natural pass rusher, but injury prone. Super talented though 

My favorite non-1st round rusher. He's bull strong, can bend the edge, and knows how to work both inside rush moves and edge speed moves. He's got some bull rush ability, but probably doesn't have the long arms to make that a staple in the NFL. He's got an excellent chance to be a high-end pass rusher IMO. If he's there in the 3rd, you eat him up. If he's there in the 2nd, I'd be all for it too. If he times well, he'll go in the 1st.

12 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

My favorite non-1st round rusher. He's bull strong, can bend the edge, and knows how to work both inside rush moves and edge speed moves. He's got some bull rush ability, but probably doesn't have the long arms to make that a staple in the NFL. He's got an excellent chance to be a high-end pass rusher IMO. If he's there in the 3rd, you eat him up. If he's there in the 2nd, I'd be all for it too. If he times well, he'll go in the 1st.

"Excellent chance to be a high-end pass rusher IMO"? A 1st or 2nd?

I didn't see that at all.

To me, Greenard is a 34OLB prospect like a lot of this year's Edge prospects.

I didn't see the speed or quickness or bend; I didn't see the violent or active hands.

I did see the power and bull rush though.

I think he's a non-fact at 43-DE at the next level.

This is one of those classes where if you don't get Epenesa in the 1st or Okwara in the 2nd, then you have to skip out on the replacement level players that will go rounds 2 to and 3.

There are going to be real quality starters available in rounds 2 and 3 and none of them are likely going to be at the DE position imo.

If Greenard, Anae, Curtis Weaver, Uche, etc are there in the 2nd or 3rd, I'd still pass on them b/c I have no confidence in them becoming a quality starter at any point as a 43-DE.

Their all 2nd and 3rd round "this is great value" fool's gold when the next draft/off-season teams will be looking for better long-term starter quality replacements.

3 hours ago, Mind Character said:

who's ready for Grant Delpit at 10 and Curtis Weaver at 74 ...

--OR--

K'lavon Chaisson at 10 and Ashtyn Davis at 41 ...

...then to come on here and read posts like, "I like it we got a top safety and a top end to play with Myles...." ...

... darkness will sweep the land....

fify

On 2/11/2020 at 2:45 PM, BleedTheClock said:

Who are the small school under the radar pass rushers? I hate the pass rush class outside of R1.

If I may jump in here......I have some UDFA guy's who I love here as DPR's.....

Under the radar DI prospects. (John Grenard from UF is a kid, who I Mocked to us in my first Mock draft...so Brothers already know how I feel about him....

From USC: DJ Wonnum (6-5 260) played well for the Gamecocks.......found him when I found Kinlaw.... UCLA has a kid Keisean Lucier-South (6-4 239) got in a lot of trouble, but he is quick off the edge....I forgot to add Tipa Galeai (6-5 235) utah state...I found this kid when I was scouting Jordan Love over the past 2 years...kid is an all over the place type of player.

Now for the OFF the Radar prospects.

Bryce Sterk (6-5 255) from Montana State (Washington x-fer).....very good kid...good size

Rondell Carter (6-2 260) from JMU, I am local to James Madison and this kid has been applying solid pressure for some years now.

Nick Wheeler (6-0 250) Colegate.....saw this kid once and he caught my eye

and my most favorite small school prospct...Shaq Bradford (5-11 229 lbs) Kansas Wesleyan (Dumerville/Little/Mathis type of player) over the past 2 seasons has accumulated 63TFL and 43 sacks), he is disproportionately strong for his size, an INSANE turn the corner quickness, and an almost 6th sense feel for sifting through traffic and finding the play to be made....Simba is my top UDFA I want....but in his pro day when he rips 30 reps on the bench and runs 4.4/4.5 people will start to take notice....

Also got a new favorite FB......one of the Brothers in here convinced me that the kid from B.C. is going to be a RB and not a FB....

Charlie Taumoepeau, TE/H-back, Portland State Height: 6-2. Weight: 244.......kinda liking this kid

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DaWg_LB. said:

If I may jump in here......I have some UDFA guy's who I love here as DPR's.....

Under the radar DI prospects. (John Grenard from UF is a kid, who I Mocked to us in my first Mock draft...so Brothers already know how I feel about him....

From USC: DJ Wourman (6-5 260) played well for the Gamecocks.......found him when I found Kinlaw.... UCLA has a kid Keisean Lucier-South (6-4 239) got in a lot of trouble, but he is quick off the edge....I forgot to add Tipa Galeai (6-5 235) utah state...I found this kid when I was scouting Jordan Love over the past 2 years...kid is an all over the place type of player.

Now for the OFF the Radar prospects.

Bryce Sterk (6-5 255) from Montana State (Washington x-fer).....very good kid...good size

Rondell Carter (6-2 260) from JMU, I am local to James Madison and this kid has been applying solid pressure for some years now.

Nick Wheeler (6-0 250) Colegate.....saw this kid once and he caught my eye

and my most favorite small school prospct...Shaq Bradford (5-11 229 lbs) Kansas Wesleyan (Dumerville/Little/Mathis type of player) over the past 2 seasons has accumulated 63TFL and 43 sacks), he is disproportionately strong for his size, an INSANE turn the corner quickness, and an almost 6th sense feel for sifting through traffic and finding the play to be made....Simba is my top UDFA I want....but in his pro day when he rips 30 reps on the bench and runs 4.4/4.5 people will start to take notice....

Also got a new favorite FB......one of the Brothers in here convinced me that the kid from B.C. is going to be a RB and not a FB....

Charlie Taumoepeau, TE/H-back, Portland State Height: 6-2. Weight: 244.......kinda liking this kid

*forwards this post to his front-office connections*

@Mind Character,

Edited by NudeTayne
please forward this to your B.I.L.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

*forwards this post to his front-office connections*

@Mind Character, please forward this to your B.I.L.

I've seen them all except for Rondell Carter, and all of them are buttcheeks or non-factors. A few of them character risks that won't be allowed at the combine because of assaults history.

That 2nd round or 3rd round pro-bowl 43-DE isn't walking through that draft door.

Epenesa or Okwara... then don't waste a pick on one until the 5th round b/c rounds 2 through 4 it won't be worth it when there are better starter impact players at other positions.

Edited by Mind Character

3 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

I've seen them all except for Rondell Carter, and all of them are buttcheeks or non-factors. A few of them character risks that won't be allowed at the combine because of assaults history.

That 2nd round or 3rd round pro-bowl 43-DE isn't walking through that draft door.

Epenesa or Okwara... then don't waste a pick on one until the 5th round b/c rounds 2 through 4 it won't be worth it when there are better starter impact players at other positions.

Well yeah, but these are pretty much all going to be available in the 5th-7th and most likely more d.p.r. types. *slides paper of names discretely across desk*.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Well yeah, but these are pretty much all going to be available in the 5th-7th and most likely more d.p.r. types. *slides paper of names discretely across desk*.

lol... indeed...

Just say no to influence from the town of Cheek De Butt, the hometown of almost the entirety the 2020 DE draft prospect pool.

as such I'm still taking a WRs over those also-rans as the WRs or RBs or TEs in that range have a chance at doing more than just being roster filler relative to the DEs.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mind Character said:

who's ready for Grant Delpit at 10 and Curtis Weaver at 74 ...

--OR--

K'lavon Chaisson at 10 and Ashtyn Davis at 74 ...

...then to come on here and read posts like, "I like it we got a top safety and a top end to play with Myles...." ...

... darkness will sweep the land....

Just get me 2 OT’s and I won’t care.

2 hours ago, HH650 said:

Thank you Mind Character. So much information at no cost to us. 

I accept visa, mastercard, discover and american express.

Enter my promo code "WIRFSISAGUARD" or "ITISNIGH" in the promo code section on the payment screen for a special 20% discount before checkout.

For a small amount of tokens I'll long post, but for gold level tips I do private "All22" shows where things get really wild.

Visit my page and become a premium member at: https://onlyfans.com/mindcharacter

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

I accept visa, mastercard, discover and american express.

Enter my promo code "WIRFSISAGUARD" or "ITISNIGH" in the promo code section on the payment screen for a special 20% discount before checkout.

For a small amount of tokens I'll long post, but for gold level tips I do private "All22" shows where things get really wild.

Visit my page and become a premium member at: https://onlyfans.com/mindcharacter

😠😡😤

The link is now broken. I paid the $99 annual fee already too. If my ****ing holographic moped 🌊 mug and **** ring don't arrive in the mail in the promised 8-14 weeks, I'm calling scam on this one.

• Like 2