College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

I really hope that we get a WR in the 3rd Round this year. There is going to be some MAJOR talent there, and a big bodied kid who can make an instant impact in the Red Zone and on the outside of the field with potential as a #1/#2 down the road is very appealing.

Red Zone issues were extremely telling last year without Njoku, and even with him, we need someone else that we can bring in. Imagine a situation with Njoku, Landry, OBJ, and a jump ball/height threat on the outside...you can move all of those guys around and create mismatches on fade routes, seams, quick slants, etc. immediately, not to mention down the road.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I really hope that we get a WR in the 3rd Round this year. There is going to be some MAJOR talent there, and a big bodied kid who can make an instant impact in the Red Zone and on the outside of the field with potential as a #1/#2 down the road is very appealing.

Red Zone issues were extremely telling last year without Njoku, and even with him, we need someone else that we can bring in. Imagine a situation with Njoku, Landry, OBJ, and a jump ball/height threat on the outside...you can move all of those guys around and create mismatches on fade routes, seams, quick slants, etc. immediately, not to mention down the road.

Michael Pittman that’s my guy 

so underrated right now 

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Justin Jefferson is my favorite Round 2 guy, and Collin Johnston, DPJ, and Cephas are my favorite Day 3 guys with major upside.

I think DPJ shines at the combine and personal visits. Dude was held back so badly at UM. I think he sneaks into Day2

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I think DPJ shines at the combine and personal visits. Dude was held back so badly at UM. I think he sneaks into Day2

It definitely wouldn't surprise me. I think there are 20-25 guys who about any other year are Rounds 1-3 types, so some guys are going to fall IMO. It may not be him necessarily, but there will be some.

I’m still cool if we draft a receiver in the second round. I know it’s far from the forefront of our needs, but with the depth at the top this year, it’s not a bad idea to strike if the right guy is sitting there. Better a great player at a position that is not a tremendous need then drafting a guy that does not pan out, like an Austin Corbett. Plus, anything we can add to our offense to help the young quarterback should not be criticized at this stage.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’m still cool if we draft a receiver in the second round. I know it’s far from the forefront of our needs, but with the depth at the top this year, it’s not a bad idea to strike if the right guy is sitting there. Better a great player at a position that is not a tremendous need then drafting a guy that does not pan out, like an Austin Corbett. Plus, anything we can add to our offense to help the young quarterback should not be criticized at this stage.

I agree. We need a slot WR or a #2 to push Landry to the slot.

The 2nd round looks pretty bleh to me anyways. I want Tyler Biadasz to be our RG. If he's not there or deemed not a fit for our ZBS, then we should look to add a pass rusher or a WR.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I agree. We need a slot WR or a #2 to push Landry to the slot.

The 2nd round looks pretty bleh to me anyways. I want Tyler Biadasz to be our RG. If he's not there or deemed not a fit for our ZBS, then we should look to add a pass rusher or a WR.

Kind of hoping we can grab Winfield in R2.

Here's my ideal Day 1-2 draft situation:

1st: Best OT available, hopefully between Wills and Thomas, albeit I like Wirfs more than some

2nd: BPA, maybe even double up at OT. I'd also be open to snagging an upper tier big bodied WR here even though it's not a "need" (Jefferson LSU). If not, we get a DE, DT, or even one of those stud RB's that could fall...and I know that we have Chubb/Hunt, but Hunt is a loose cannon and unknown. If Swift/Dobbins/Taylor are there, you're also looking at 1st round talent.

I know that I'll be criticized for suggesting a WR or RB here, but IMO going BPA is ALWAYS the right move barring certain positions (QB).

Let me put it to you this way: I'd rather get a stud WR or RB than reach on Nate Orchard Jr. because we need an "edge guy" or Austin Corbett II because we need depth at the interior OL.

3rd: Winfield, S, Minnesota

3rd: Thad Moss, TE/H, LSU

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I know that I'll be criticized for suggesting a WR or RB here, but IMO going BPA is ALWAYS the right move barring certain positions (QB).

If we go BPA, it's going to be JK Dobbins in the 2nd round. But that seems too crazy to stack our RB room like that. Not enough carries to go around IMO.

27 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

If we go BPA, it's going to be JK Dobbins in the 2nd round. But that seems too crazy to stack our RB room like that. Not enough carries to go around IMO.

TBH, I'd trade Hunt for what I can get if we went that route. Like I said, I'd prefer the WR route if we are drafting "luxury" and BPA, with this loaded WR class and definite need for a RedZone threat and outside the numbers guy.

Passing the info along.

Like Alonzo Highsmith was all-in on Nick Chubb and Eliot Wolf was all-in on Austin Corbett, Andrew Berry was all in on Miles Sanders last year with the Eagles.

Apparently, before Berry left the Eagles he was All-in on Derrick Brown despite the Eagles knowing he'd be long gone before they pick.

So much so that the fam thinks that, "if the Browns trade up don't be surprised if it's not for a Tackle but instead for Derrick Brown."

If cards fall a particular way, and that's an accurate sentiment of Berry and co's, it would be a stunner for many.

I don't have any idea though how people might actually take that type of selection. Though many would be disappointed with no OLineman, I have a feeling a lot of people would be fond of such a move.