College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

32 minutes ago, HH650 said:

A Serious Question.

What is the Minumum we will accept from  our new Tackles in 2020?

Slightly better than last year's trash?

Better protection for Baker and run blocking be damned?

Just above average and upgrade the right guard?

One much better tackle and a little better stiff for the other side?

Point is I don't see how we can fix both sides without leaving bad roster holes elsewhere 

Thank you. 

I think we are copying the 2000’s Colts and current Chiefs model of being offensive dominant and making it about the QB.

So we need our OT’s to be very good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HH650 said:

A Serious Question.

What is the Minumum we will accept from  our new Tackles in 2020?

Slightly better than last year's trash?

Better protection for Baker and run blocking be damned?

Just above average and upgrade the right guard?

One much better tackle and a little better stiff for the other side?

Point is I don't see how we can fix both sides without leaving bad roster holes elsewhere 

Thank you. 

We could come close ish if the nerds spend the money. Assuming these Free agents would come here...

1. Jack Conklin - RT

2. Anthony Harris - Safety

3. Jordan Phillips - DT

Draft:

1. Andrew Thomas - LT

2. Antoine Winfield - Safety

3. Robert Hunt - RG

That's a great start. Still need another edge rusher, linebacker (or 2) and a TE. So we gotta sign some more guys than I mentioned and draft to fill some holes/get depth in the later rounds. I am all about fixing the O line so we can better utilize Chubb, Beckham, Njoku and Landry and give Baker more time and protection.

• Like 1

I would just like to say it is another idiot move from Dorsey to have allowed the Texans to put the rider in the trade that their lowest 3rd round pick goes to us for Johnson. That 10ish spot swing isn't crazy important, but it's just another failure to pay attention to the nuances that ticks me off. If you can't correctly swindle BoB and their imaginary GM, who can you swindle?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, bruceb said:

So you would prefer the lowest rated LT among the top guys and a RT?

Idk care for other people’s rankings. Becton is not the best LT. Thomas was the best LT in college, he was better Becton. Becton is a monster of a human but Thomas actually has longer arms, longer wingspan and Is a lot more technically sound than Becton. Becton played in a far weaker conference and gave up more pressure in less pass protection snaps than Thomas and Wills. Yeah Wills was a RT in college only because Tua is a lefty. Needed him to protect his blindside. Everyone loves Wirf and he was a RT. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

highly doubt Kenneth Murray makes it out of the first

I've seen multiple connected media guys STRONGLY implying that they already know who's looking to take him in the 1st and their name rhymes with duh Jaders.

On 3/12/2020 at 7:59 AM, buno67 said:

Idk care for other people’s rankings. Becton is not the best LT. Thomas was the best LT in college, he was better Becton. Becton is a monster of a human but Thomas actually has longer arms, longer wingspan and Is a lot more technically sound than Becton. Becton played in a far weaker conference and gave up more pressure in less pass protection snaps than Thomas and Wills. Yeah Wills was a RT in college only because Tua is a lefty. Needed him to protect his blindside. Everyone loves Wirf and he was a RT. 

Are you also on the Andrew Thomas bandwagon? He’s my clear #1 OT.

18 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Are you also on the Andrew Thomas bandwagon? He’s my clear #1 OT.

Yes. He is my #1. He might not have the highest ceiling like Becton or Wirfs but I don’t see those dudes reaching that. If Wills was a LT he prolly be me #1 but I just worry about transitioning from RT to LT

• Like 1