College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Wirfs and Becton aren’t Bruce Campbell though. They’re actually good and happen to be freaks. I still would take Thomas over them, but give me literally any of the top 4 and we’ll be great at LT. 

Wirf has relied on his athletic ability way too much. His technique is pretty bad for a guy who is coming out of Iowa. Becton draft stock isnt really matching his ability to play the positions but more so his size and athletic ability. To me, ill favor a lineman who has great technique over the crazy athletic guys

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Becton draft stock isnt really matching his ability to play the positions but more so his size and athletic ability.

What is wrong with Becton as a player? The only thing you can say about him is that he's really big and it might wear on his knees and that he didn't take all that many traditional pass sets at Louisville. It's not like when he did take traditional pass sets he was bad.

And Wirfs is a raw OL prospect. But he's young, is a hard worker, and clearly has the physical talent to learn the technique. His minor flaws are easily correctable.

I'm all on the Andrew Thomas train as well, but let's not kid ourselves. It's very hard to find stud OT's in the draft anymore. These kids are as good as you're going to get coming into the league. All 4 of them. I think you're nitpicking things on these guys and failing to realize how terrible the top OT's in previous classes really were. 

• Like 2

Sup Brownies, I'm working on my Final Version Mock of things I think actually happen. I have Simmons and Becton still available. OT is the bigger need but I think you guys pick Simmons here. Just makes that defense insane and a better player than Becton.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Sup Brownies, I'm working on my Final Version Mock of things I think actually happen. I have Simmons and Becton still available. OT is the bigger need but I think you guys pick Simmons here. Just makes that defense insane and a better player than Becton.

Just keep in mind, our projected LT got busted for weed. We have nobody there.

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

For real though, if we get Trent Williams for a 3rd, Berry can trade down like a mad man if he wants to.

Completely fixing the offensive line without using a single draft pick would make him a genius.

No way Skins to it without pick 41.

11 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

For real though, if we get Trent Williams for a 3rd, Berry can trade down like a mad man if he wants to.

Completely fixing the offensive line without using a single draft pick would make him a genius.

Yeah except for the fact that we would still need a LT in the very near future. And maybe even next year anyways, with his injury history. 

I’m usually all for trading down. But this year there’s no way. Take the best OT at 10. If every elite OT is available, trade down a few spots and grab the remainder. But don’t pass up on a LT and have your plan be Trent Williams. Let’s fix this thing the right way so we don’t have to retool everything again as early as next season with a crappy OL class. 

• Like 1